Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

I sell Dromex impact resistant safety glasses as well, for the ninnys. The rental crates comes with 5 as well. I actually give them away to a lot of kiddos as well, especially the gingers ... geez they (we?) are a different breed.

lol ... is that why your profile pic is a "GingA" bread man?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody here familiar with the Wolfcraft brand of woodworking tools or whether they are available locally?

They have some really interesting pieces of equipment. Obviously not up to the top quality stuff but for the weekend warrior doing the odd home job or project they seem ideal.

I havent used them personally but the reviews I read were quite good. tools4wood recently started stocking their stuff.

lol ... is that why your profile pic is a "GingA" bread man?

Yep. Guilty as charged. And no, it's a myth that gingers have no souls. We get a freckle for every soul we steal.

I don't have the funds or space for a saw, the Jigsaw bench mount looks very interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFefCe_llkY

Looks quite interesting, but not sure what it would cost once its here and the cutting would probably be quite messy on the edges.

Would a handheld circular saw not suit you better? they are normally quite easy to pick up 2nd hand and with the aid of a straight edge or some known straight wood and clamps you can get some very accurate cuts. Your cutting capacity would be a lot higher too because a jigsaw blade would bottom out where with a circular saw you can cut to depth and then flip the item over if it didnt go the whole way through.

Looks quite interesting, but not sure what it would cost once its here and the cutting would probably be quite messy on the edges.

Would a handheld circular saw not suit you better? they are normally quite easy to pick up 2nd hand and with the aid of a straight edge or some known straight wood and clamps you can get some very accurate cuts. Your cutting capacity would be a lot higher too because a jigsaw blade would bottom out where with a circular saw you can cut to depth and then flip the item over if it didnt go the whole way through.

I will look into a circular saw. I don't do a lot of woodworking but when I do I always get frustrated when having to deal with the wrong tool for the job. Suppose that's life.....

I will look into a circular saw. I don't do a lot of woodworking but when I do I always get frustrated when having to deal with the wrong tool for the job. Suppose that's life.....

The name of my future TV show... 

"Welcome to another episode of... Wrong Tool For The Job!!"

*Fake crowd applauds* 

The name of my future TV show... 

"Welcome to another episode of... Wrong Tool For The Job!!"

*Fake crowd applauds* 

This could be a big money maker! 

Depending on the amounts of fake blood/Special Effects.

b1497bb6fecf654bb04eaa8f130611e3.jpg

Weekend project 1:

Had some time to finish and hang the headboard I started some time ago.

i hope those lights can swivel, cos if someone ever pointed that sort of laser in my direction at bed time, i'd slit their throats and sleep like a baby after...