Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Have a look at "Milkman's Workbench" on Google Images. I'm not sure why a milkman gets a special bench, or even what he's going to do on it, but there you are. They're quite cunning, especially for a flat. Chuck it in the back of the cupboard.

How cool is that!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Can't believe the work he does in his flat.....

So after finally being done with the restoration of an old disc belt sander, I quickly finished this R35 bevel.

46479763e4a1a95ca6c2509d54d1e055.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How cool is that. Have the same bevel and soooo stealing this idea. Sorry, it's an African thing to steal.......

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How cool is that. Have the same bevel and soooo stealing this idea. Sorry, it's an African thing to steal.......

No worries, go ahead.

The oak at Toolcraft was a bit confused with my purchase. My response was I'm not paying R500 for a wooden block when I can make it. It's after all wood working.

No worries, go ahead.

The oak at Toolcraft was a bit confused with my purchase. My response was I'm not paying R500 for a wooden block when I can make it. It's after all wood working.

Ahh cool, was about to order a bevel box from them so will lob one of those in with the order and try the same thing. Really like what you did with it.

All you woodwork people, please help out, what tree is this?66daf2e9bd2c9cb6ce6539d400f07758.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hmm not exactly sure but it looks like one of the big wood varieties... 

So, it's finally happened. I've crossed over to the dark side.

Client just accepted my quote to sand her 60+year old 8 seater Yellowwood dining set so that she can paint it. I'll post some pics of the carvings on it - sadly I had to agree with her that she will never be able to sell it for what it's "worth" - including sentimental value. Sigh. I've restored some painted pieces before (Imbuia chairs that were enamelled PINK) but now I'm actually prepping them for paint.

Whoop whoop ... little happy dance is in order!

Whilst picking up the set yesterday I 'casually mentioned' that it would be just an awful shame to paint such a masterpiece a drab grey - to which the client said "Well OK then, just sand and varnish it please"

Honestly, that made my day. Had a hectic work day yesterday but got a ton of stuff done (and picked up a quad bike frame, wheels, brakes and suspension for a song. Going to try and find the time to build the kiddos a bit of an off-road buggy/go-kart type thing.

OK chaps so now that the floor is done onto the next 'project', we have a dining room table that has a 'slatted' top that according to my wife is old fashioned ....

It is 1*2m ... Would like to get a solid top for it of some kind, not to fussed what kind of wood. Will stain it to match the existing table of it's just pine or something. I guess it should be reasonably 'thick' so that it will feel solid?

Any suggestions where to have something like that made preferably Jobeg south/East Rand area?

Happy to collect and 'fit' it myself

@Stretched@Birth - can you maybe help ... Please boss!

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

OK chaps so now that the floor is done onto the next 'project', we have a dining room table that has a 'slatted' top that according to my wife is old fashioned ....

It is 1*2m ... Would like to get a solid top for it of some kind, not to fussed what kind of wood. Will stain it to match the existing table of it's just pine or something. I guess it should be reasonably 'thick' so that it will feel solid?

Any suggestions where to have something like that made preferably Jobeg south/East Rand area?

Happy to collect and 'fit' it myself

@Stretched@Birth - can you maybe help ... Please boss!

Of course I can help, many options here, but I’ve had an idea for a while, just no opportunity to do it. This sounds like opportunity knocking...

Will give you a shout shortly!

Edited by Stretched@Birth

Of course I can help, many options here, but I’ve had an idea for a while, just no opportunity to do it. This sounds like opportunity knocking...

Will give you a shout shortly!

You are a scholar and a gentleman!