Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

and they say perpetual anything is impossible :P

Unfortunately sometimes I think she is part bulldog.... never lets go....

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairy - before using a steam iron and a wet cloth just take some water and a sosati stick .

Dip stick (back end) in water and transfer the drop on the end onto the mark (just the mark). Keep that mark wet (not damp) for 10min or more when the water dries later on you will find that the indented mark will rise up. Can repeat. Then use the iron and wet cloth method.

Yellowwood - pine - oregan - just get used to the marks. I have words written on some pine desks from ball point pen on single sheet paper.

Does anyone know where i can get the tongue & groove pine used for wendy houses in Centurion?

Just to be clear.... Waxol is that gloopy brown stuff that you paint onto your Gemini hut once a year to make it last longer...?

Won't that mess up your clothes if you put it on a chair?

Learnt something today. There is a difference between Waksol and Waxol. Waksol is the product to use on outdoor furniture.

Anyone know what these tools below are?

The one has like a tapered square I've seen quite a few times before, normally with screwdriver on them but I'm not sure what tool it fits, the other has a similar raper but on both sides

2a95e2000be1ec7bbe4f301a81515ba4.jpg

could be some form of stone chipping tool. Quarry tool - hand plug drill or something or other

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Anyone know what these tools below are?

The one has like a tapered square I've seen quite a few times before, normally with screwdriver on them but I'm not sure what tool it fits, the other has a similar raper but on both sides

2a95e2000be1ec7bbe4f301a81515ba4.jpg

I believe those are brace bits. We use one quite often. It is very useful for driving the massive screws that go through a piano frame into the wooden back posts.

I believe those are brace bits. We use one quite often. It is very useful for driving the massive screws that go through a piano frame into the wooden back posts.

That sounds about right, what about the bit on the left, it has 2 extra sides 6 sided, and each end exactly the same.

That sounds about right, what about the bit on the left, it has 2 extra sides 6 sided, and each end exactly the same.

I can't be sure but it looks like some sort of reversable tool that can be used at either end, kind of like those double ended drill bits that you get?

Perhaps a picture from another angle would "shed some more light"?

There are some serious Oak logs for the taking on the pavement cnr Ash & St David Upper Houghton, Jhb.

They have been cutting down a dead Oak tree on the pavement there and are almost down to the trunk. The ones there are shorting but fat, like 400-500+ mm diameter you will need  bakkie and a few hands, or a ramp.

I am sure they will be  gone on Monday.