Tokai mountain bike trails reopen to the public

News bot

TokaiMTB, SANParks, Amarider and PPA can proudly announce that Tokai will open to the public on the weekend of 10 December, 2016 at 7am sharp. This will be on a trial basis over weekends only (excluding Christmas) while contractors remove the remaining burnt and dangerous pine and gum trees that continue to pose a risk to users.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. That's a bit much, IMO. 

Makes the annual fee seem paltry in comparison, even if you only go 7 times a year it'll be cheaper to get the annual

Coming from the Table View side, I more than likely will not be going 7 + times per year to TK ... not to mention that traffic is nasty to get there and back.

Coming from the Table View side, I more than likely will not be going 7 + times per year to TK ... not to mention that traffic is nasty to get there and back.

yeah, I know. Unless there's  a massive uptick in the amount of trail. I don't blame you at all. 

Far from what it was just before the fire at R 50. And even that was high.

Damn, I am stuck in the middle.

Whether I am at work or at home, I spend about 30 min to get to tokai or to tygerberg.

Yearly permit for tokai is cheaper than Tygerberg, but tygerberg day rate is cheaper than tokai

Damn, I am stuck in the middle.

Whether I am at work or at home, I spend about 30 min to get to tokai or to tygerberg.

Yearly permit for tokai is cheaper than Tygerberg, but tygerberg day rate is cheaper than tokai

Easy choice then. Go year long for the one with the more expensive daily entry

OK, stupid question, but doesn't a Wildcard cover this, or is the Tokai permit something else?

Wildcard is separate to the activity cards for climbing / MTB / dog walking / horse riding and is about 500 pee year for the entire TMNP

I'll buy the activity card because it is my main MTB ride together with the front of Table Mountain and now also the new routes that opened up linking Rhodes Memorial (my back yard) with Constantia Neck, the Greenbelts and Tokai (all of them requiring an activity card).

I feel MASSIVE rides coming on and the year fee will be dirt cheap for the number of times I go. If I'm a good boy and leave the road bike alone for a week or two, I'll break even in the first month.