WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

Or held accountable.

If there was negligent expenditure with a company resulting in liquidation and financial loss the relevant executive officer can be held responsible. I dont know with regards this kind of operation but I would imagine when there are financial implications to creditors there has to be a level of accountability somewhere.

What happens here in our valley.  There was a meat processing factory around the corner that produced quite a lot of meat products even to the airlines at Munich airport.  About 18 months ago the factory got closed because of some health check fail.  They did not managed to fix the problem quickly enough at the company went safe. Today the CEO is standing trial for neglegence.  It came out there were some prior warnings that they (he) simply ignored.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Battling to understand the financials

Unutilised Grants in 2015 accounts was R 809,487 but in the comparative figures in the 2016 accounts it changes to R 3,393,697. An increase in this liability of R2.5m? The amounts at yearend in 2016 is R 3,793,339. I thought an unutilised grant would be an asset. 

Then in the Income Statements we have R 10m  for overspending of grants. R 8.5m for 2015 and R 1.5m for 2016. How do you overspend on grants? Surely you can only spend what you receive? Why the liability for unutilised grants? Who is this due to?

Finally I see cash has decreased from R 5.5m to R 3.7m to R 2.4m. If you have this available why was the premiums not paid? 

Unutilised Grants in 2015 accounts was R 809,487 but in the comparative figures in the 2016 accounts it changes to R 3,393,697. An increase in this liability of R2.5m? The amounts at yearend in 2016 is R 3,793,339. I thought an unutilised grant would be an asset. 

Then in the Income Statements we have R 10m  for overspending of grants. R 8.5m for 2015 and R 1.5m for 2016. How do you overspend on grants? Surely you can only spend what you receive? Why the liability for unutilised grants? Who is this due to?

Finally I see cash has decreased from R 5.5m to R 3.7m to R 2.4m. If you have this available why was the premiums not paid? 

Struggle Accounting is not for everybody..... :ph34r: 

Where are their offices?

I sense a protest ride there, a few eggs :ph34r: , and then off to a WMC R50 coffee and high 5s.

ASG will try sell you the high 5s

This just keeps getting better

:eek:

Can someone tell me who do they report to. Must be CSA Board. Now who elect this board.

How do we go about getting some proper honest people on the board

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Then in the Income Statements we have R 10m for overspending of grants. R 8.5m for 2015 and R 1.5m for 2016. How do you overspend on grants? Surely you can only spend what you receive? Why the liability for unutilised grants? Who is this due to?

The unutilised grants would be cash received and owing for disbursement,ie a liability. But that raises more questions of their competence and ability to manage and support.

The income statement? You got me. Not a clue.

My son crashed at BMX Nationals in April. Went to hospital in Ambulance etc etc. When I tried to claim a few weeks back I was told sorry, no money to pay, please claim from your own medical aid. And yes, I'm a fully paid up member, in fact hold 4 memberships with wife and kids as we all ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Wright, just wondering, did it end there? Did you have to fork out your own medical aid and just take the expenses with/without legal aid?

The unutilised grants would be cash received and owing for disbursement,ie a liability. But that raises more questions of their competence and ability to manage and support.

The income statement? You got me. Not a clue.

Description not accurate if unutilised. Owing implies that grant received was utilised.

Something strange or creative accounting.

Hi Wright, just wondering, did it end there? Did you have to fork out your own medical aid and just take the expenses with/without legal aid?

My personal medical aid covered all the expenses. Ended up a dislocation relocation shoulder and broken collarbone. To be honest, I don't have the energy to take on the fight. Not right I know but I've currently got bigger challenges that need my attention.

Calling Frosty

Comment please if I haven't missed it yet ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Currently out of the loop - new job has me super busy  :unsure:

I have asked for some info from my regional committee, to see what impact it may have on upcoming races my club is involved with - no answer yet.

Currently out of the loop - new job has me super busy :unsure:

I have asked for some info from my regional committee, to see what impact it may have on upcoming races my club is involved with - no answer yet.

Sweet ????????

An apt description (update) for their app, that mirrors their perception of the happenings at CSA.

8af8315c633b2bcf21363d5291cb4ea1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No MAJOR bug fixes?

Edited by SwissVan

wish they could go bankrupt.they charge r800 for a "calender fee" and then r10 per rider if you want to organise a race and you get absolutely nothing in return.