[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

1. You aren't the only person in the queue so it's not only "your" minute being wasted

2. There isn't only 1 printing station

So you can't simply take the time it takes you to get your number and multiply that by 35000.

Although an inconvenience of waisting my time I wasn't taking about the time since I've joined the que but from when i give them my chip until i get my race pack. I'm not the smartest cookie but do understand that there are more than one printer. At my estimate there are about 35 'lanes'. So assume that many printers. I'll check on my way out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although an inconvenience of waisting my time I wasn't taking about the time since I've joined the que but from when i give them my chip until i get my race pack. I'm not the smartest cookie but do understand that there are more than one printer. At my estimate there are about 35 'lanes'. So assume that many printers. I'll check on my way out.

1 printer shared between two collection points

100%. And everyone on this side of the keyboard sympathizes with you okes taking the hit.

The best weather outlook possible and then this..... 

It was a balls up there too... I waited for almost 30mins

I always go on a friday about 3, and seriously, not one issue in 13years.. I'm hoping it goes smooooth tomorrow so I can leave with a positive feeling  :thumbup:

So, I’ve left the expo with no number. Got to get back to work (in Stellenbosch). About 3.5h total in traffic and an hour waiting in the number queue, all wasted.

The organisers better have my number at the start or I will race with my own homemade number.

I've been at the front now for 10 minutes and the printer is crazy. It's super slow, it doesn't print out some numbers, it prints duplicates of others, the poor staff are at a loss, oy . . .

Any possibility that some of the UCI MTB World Cup riders will be making an appearance at our World's Biggest Funride on Sunday? 

Hope so, Nino was there last year and unfortunately got blown away. We're buddies you know, I shook his hand once.

100%. And everyone on this side of the keyboard sympathizes with you okes taking the hit.

Something had to give man!

I always go on a friday about 3, and seriously, not one issue in 13years.. I'm hoping it goes smooooth tomorrow so I can leave with a positive feeling  :thumbup:

I have not left Cape Town with a positive feeling.....for two years running :whistling: Third time lucky, I hope? 

I just got back to the office - without numbers. Waited about an hour and saw 3 riders leave with numbers. There were at least 20 cyclists in the queue in front of me. This is not slow, it is totally broken. They should close the doors of the Expo until such time as it is fixed.

There is zero communication from the organizers beyond the SMS that everyone received and was quoted here earlier. No explanation if it is a computer problem, network issue or just a an ink/paper/printer one.

STAY AWAY FROM THE EXPO until there is confirmation that the problem has been fixed.

STAY AWAY FROM THE EXPO until there is confirmation that the problem has been fixed.

So you are not allowed INTO the expo at all?

Or its just that you cannot get your numbers?

Some of us just go for the "specials"  :whistling:  :whistling: