[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We apologise for delays caused by the on-the-spot printing. Please avoid coming to the Expo today while we resolve these issues. Brought to you by Cell C

Ok so this is what boggles my mind the most!!!

Stellenbosch Cycle Tour(Fairly "Big" event in terms of entrants) - New print on the spot system was tried and was an absolute BALLS UP!!

Bouckaert Soenen("Small" race) - Pre printed numbers, Walked in, collected, Walked out!!

99er Cycle Tour("Small race") - Pre printed numbers, Walked in, Walked out!!

Cape Town Cycle Tour(Biggest race in the world) - Print on the spot- BALLS UP!!!

Soooooo, The 1st "big" race was a balls up with the print on the spot system, then there were 2 "smaller" races which had pre printed numbers and ran smoothly..

Then you have the BIGGEST race in the world, and you go back to what didn't work properly the 1st time??

Please SOMEONE explain the logic...

Small races - Pre printed

Big races - On the spot

I'm missing something here, clearly...

We apologise for delays caused by the on-the-spot printing. Please avoid coming to the Expo today while we resolve these issues. Brought to you by Cell C

Or how about PLEASE PRINT ALL NUMBERS STARTING NOW and go back to the old number collection process tomorrow... How does that sound??

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Ok so this is what boggles my mind the most!!!

Stellenbosch Cycle Tour(Fairly "Big" event in terms of entrants) - New print on the spot system was tried and was an absolute BALLS UP!!

Bouckaert Soenen("Small" race) - Pre printed numbers, Walked in, collected, Walked out!!

99er Cycle Tour("Small race") - Pre printed numbers, Walked in, Walked out!!

Cape Town Cycle Tour(Biggest race in the world) - Print on the spot- BALLS UP!!!

Soooooo, The 1st "big" race was a balls up with the print on the spot system, then there were 2 "smaller" races which had pre printed numbers and ran smoothly..

Then you have the BIGGEST race in the world, and you go back to what didn't work properly the 1st time??

Please SOMEONE explain the logic...

Small races - Pre printed

Big races - On the spot

I'm missing something here, clearly...

My head is not big enough to understand their logic

.................or I will race with my own homemade number.

I work a long day today and tomorrow. I would normally work on Saturday morning as well, but have specially taken off to have the time to go and fetch team DJRs numbers. If it is a nightmare, I might just join you with home made numbers and an attitude to match. :ph34r:   

Or how about PLEASE PRINT ALL NUMBERS STARTING NOW and go back to the old number collection process tomorrow... How does that sound??

That actually sounds like somebody doing their job and defusing the situation, BUT that will mean something is at fault, which will look bad

Just as well we decided yesterday to go on Saturday morning early.

Tomorrow afternoon I have a VIP ride and photo session with my son and the XC pro's at Coetzenburg, so I can't go then.

Edited by Moridin

Just as well we decided yesterday to go on Saturday morning early.

Tomorrow afternoon I have a VIP ride and photo session with my son and the XC pro's at Coetzenburg, so I can't go then.

Get those pics on a flash drive and print them yourself

I managed to get my number after 30 minutes wait in at that point a very short queue - but I was one of the first ones in at 9:30.

The printers were printing multiples of the same number...printing numbers completely skew...then taking ages to print for other entrants. 

I felt really sorry for the helpful young ladies, in the firing line, trying to operate the malfunctioning printers.

I just hope they can sort this out in the remaining two days.

Seems a risky idea to try on the spot printing for so many thousands of numbers. The old system worked perfectly.

guys like CWC and the like at the expo must be having tough times selling, not much people inside or and many most are angry or have run out of lunch time