[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just arrived at registration and it's standing deadstill.

What are the queues like? And are there queues per start group booth? Let us know how you get on? 

Edited by verandapanda

Collected number at 09:30 and then already it was 20mins to print 2 sheets

so to get 35000 sheets should take $#%#$%@#$~@#^^ minutes, more than enough time

This is going to be very painful. Apparently the servers went down, but back up now. Still super slow to get a number.

Edited by DuncanCT

A mates dad has been there over an hour and still no number.. He is also 73 and there are no special lines for the elderly.. I can see PLENTY people riding on Sunday without their numbers, it's such an inconvenience and not everybody has the time.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

I'm a wee bit concerned, Doing 3,000 numbers for a Stellenbosch or PPA tour is one thing, Doing 35,000 numbers is a new fish to fry... Hoping it gets smoothed out before tomorrow, The system they had in place for years wasn't broken, so why change it. It all used to go so well 

Just received an SMS from CTCT saying that they are experiencing problems with the printing...please reg later or tomorrow.

Right, so if everyone who was going to reg today now join the people who were going tomorrow anyway, isn't tomorrow set up for disaster as well?

I'm a wee bit concerned, Doing 3,000 numbers for a Stellenbosch or PPA tour is one thing, Doing 35,000 numbers is a new fish to fry... Hoping it gets smoothed out before tomorrow, The system they had in place for years wasn't broken, so why change it. It all used to go so well

It was a balls up there too... I waited for almost 30mins

Traffic on Fridays in Cape Town is not ideal to begin with, without the added pressure of the cycle tour expo.

From the "Lunch with Dave" thing on Facebook yesterday, I think that is the bit that he mentioned that they hope to have the stuff in the middle moved to the side for race day.

If it cannot be done, the bunch will be split. I expect falls, if this happens.

this?

M05FoM8hIwmQfz_2PYH67J9y6fRkmOjredKwZIDH

Dear CTCT,

Please give me the template for download on your website.

Leave a space to enable printing.

I will insert name and number that matches my hidden racetec chip number (to negate the cheat).

I will print the number and provide my own safety pins.

Those unable to print themselves will have to queue at the stadium. Sorry.

I will tick the box where you ask if I am participating, should you need to know.

If I feel like picking up the racepack I will do so...or not. 

No surprises here....and typical. Thus the reason for a bad name for IT.

Generally poor planning by the decision makers integrally linked to lack of investing in proper and correct infrastructure.

Good thing most of us saw this coming and had planned to pick up Friday or Saturday.

Queues will always be a reality....let's be realistic. Don't expect to go there an be in and out in 10min. And you probably shouldn't, I would suggest. Mozy through the expo and take it all in.

Best times to collect are usually later in day, just before closing - if you can arrange that.