[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

Just a quick one okes. Sunscreen?

I sweat lots so a greasy sunscreen is going to annoy me. I have never used any sunscreen and I work in the sun everyday. But this is going to be something else. So sunscreen is essential. Any suggestions?

techni block factor 50, non greasy water resistant, from dischem.

apply at every water stop.

dont forget the legs......

or should I post the time I forgot...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to nip big time.

Every time I think of it I feel as if I have a runny tummy.

I'll be watching your dot with great interest. All the best between now and when the dots start!!

Agree, Techniblock or Piz Buin (the highest factor you can get) - also the airosol one.

Edit: PS* just avoid the dischem techniblock knock off - its @@@

Edited by Pulse

This. Never had a problem with it. A tin doesn't last long, but damn is that stuff good. 

Another thing to test and I reckon this would be a fun experiment for a race like Munga is the minimum prep race...

1 month of dedicated training(maybe just 3 weeks)

1 week of bike prep

All nutrition bought at petrol stations on the way to the event

everything else just make a plan on the way, think the result could be surprising...

My Munga last year went something like that. I felt like a guinea pig in my own experiment. Entered 6 weeks before and got away with so little training its not even funny. All my training amounted to just a little more than the actual distance of the race. The whole year (Jan to Dec) I covered just over 4000km on the bike (including the Munga).

I rode it on my Giant Anthem SX 27.5 without any special mods or fancy packing systems.

It really is mostly in your head. The race is brutal but 5 days is a long time and if you can just motivate yourself to keep moving forward steadily anyone CAN do it. I made it to the finish with only a few hours to spare.

My Munga last year went something like that. I felt like a guinea pig in my own experiment. Entered 6 weeks before and got away with so little training its not even funny. All my training amounted to just a little more than the actual distance of the race. The whole year (Jan to Dec) I covered just over 4000km on the bike (including the Munga).

I rode it on my Giant Anthem SX 27.5 without any special mods or fancy packing systems.

It really is mostly in your head. The race is brutal but 5 days is a long time and if you can just motivate yourself to keep moving forward steadily anyone CAN do it. I made it to the finish with only a few hours to spare.

Did it make you cry? They did not mean to.... I hope they apologised a trillion times. .. (shows himself the door)

Wow

Amazing race story ????????

Courage mixed with crazy topped off with perseverance

Well I won myself an entry 3 weeks ago........waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat has become routine! :eek:

I do need some SOLID advice on bib's....please don't tell me the most expensive bib's are the best as my bank acc is starting to crack and I still lack a GPS!

Thanks!

Well I won myself an entry 3 weeks ago........waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat has become routine! :eek:

I do need some SOLID advice on bib's....please don't tell me the most expensive bib's are the best as my bank acc is starting to crack and I still lack a GPS!

Thanks!

Sounds like an opportunity for some excellent Munga conditioning...keep your kit ready next to your bed. Then when you wake up in the middle of the night just put it on and go out for a 6 hour ride.

On bibs... You want a chamois that dries quickly rather than thick padding that's gonna trap moisture. You will find yourself jumping into every windpomp dam to cool off and you want your shorts to dry as quickly as possible to minimise chafing.

I used 2xu tri shorts which worked great for me. Really had no issues with chaffing at all.

Thanks!

giordana silverline (cyclesharp.co.za) and some fissan paste 

• 2 weeks later...

T-minus 15 Days.

All riders ready and just finishing some last minute kit prep I assume  :whistling: .

Best of luck from our side for the last push before it begins.

T-minus 15 Days.

All riders ready and just finishing some last minute kit prep I assume :whistling: .

Best of luck from our side for the last push before it begins.

Faaark. Shite is getting very real very fast now. Went for my medical today. Got very bad news from the Doc. Im fine to start the race. Edited by Vetseun

Faaark. Shite is getting very real very fast now. Went for my medical today. Got very bad news from the Doc. Im fine to start the race.

Jy sal fine wees bra.

Ek worry net oor daai berg daar heel aan die einde. Julle vrystaters ken mos nie van bulte nie [emoji85]

Faaark. Shite is getting very real very fast now. Went for my medical today. Got very bad news from the Doc. Im fine to start the race.

My luv you got this,,,

Just don't get caught up in the hype

Your Training is SOLID,, your MYLES(see what I done) are IN

YOUR "MENTAL" ability to do stupid night long solos and post pics while doing them says you have the right KOPFOK

You got this,,,chill rest STAY HEALTHY

Lastly no pressure cupcake ;) THE WHOLE HUB IS WATCHING

Edit:: we expect a FULL EVENT REVIEW

Edited by DIPSLICK