[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Karina Britz now only at race village 2...still a long way to go with the next two riders about 17km in front...Mind games now for her...But from me still huge respect to her for doing 390km's so far.

post-52018-0-52941300-1512111467.jpg

I think Karina missed the cut-off. Still kudos for doing 390km!

Max Menzies is also in danger of missing the cut-off. GO Max!!

What is up with Fietie Rocher still sitting on 96km and Active?

My question is in all seriousness, and is more aimed at cycling in a whole...

What constitute a development rider? And when is such a rider not a development rider anymore? Can anyone be a development rider or is it reserved for a specific socio-demography?

Seeing that equality is such a sore-point in SA... Why not take away the development category?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have no qualms with calling anyone from Martin's academy a development rider... Because all those guys come from nothing.. But to answer your question..a development rider is part of a development academy of sorts... Canoeing SA has a similar academy for development paddlers... As far as I know it

I see Marco Martins opted for suspension front and rear. Maybe comfort over weight saving is more important?

race has been won on

Pyga (stage i think)

RM carbon vertex hardtail.

i think if you look at top5, it is more preference than a huge factor.

MM appears to be sponsored by trek, so maybe he has lots of nice options

He sure as hell doesn't seem to be carrying much water!

I have no qualms with calling anyone from Martin's academy a development rider... Because all those guys come from nothing.. But to answer your question..a development rider is part of a development academy of sorts... Canoeing SA has a similar academy for development paddlers... As far as I know it

me neither.

BUT from what I can remember the only actual development riders who have ever entered this have been from his academy. I think that is a bit of an issue

race has been won on

Pyga (stage i think)

RM carbon vertex hardtail.

i think if you look at top5, it is more preference than a huge factor.

MM appears to be sponsored by trek, so maybe he has lots of nice options

He sure as hell doesn't seem to be carrying much water!

These Ultra marathon riders are a different specie hey. Also noticed he only has one water bottle and a Camelbak

me neither.

BUT from what I can remember the only actual development riders who have ever entered this have been from his academy. I think that is a bit of an issue

Why..other development riders can enter if they so choose..Martin does great work with his riders I don't see why they should be punished because others aren't entering.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dion Guy is on a charge for sure. Of the 3 up front he has slept the most so expect him to make inroads today. I recon he'll have Kevin by the bottom of Ouberg Pass.

Jeannie doing great as well, let's see how long her Sutherland stop will be.

Maybe KB burnt too many matches in Aus?

MM for the win 

DG in second

KB in third

JD for a credible finish and may go up a place or two?

Vettes - incredible ride

GJ - inspirational ride

and not forgetting all the participants for entering and at least giving it a go.

Humbled by these riders.

Last year/Hein Visser:

Start

RV1 13hrs

RV2 10

RV3  15

RV4  12

RV5   17

Finish  4

total ~71hours

2017 - Marco Martins

Start 

RV1   9hrs

RV2   8

RV3   9

RV4   13

RV5   13  (projected)

Finish 3 (projected)

total ~55hours, 7pm tonight!

With about 10hours to go, a lead of 50km is quite significant. Will reasses once KB is at the bottom of the pass. I'd have to guess that MM has about 90% got this. KB and DG about 5% and 4%. everyone else 1%

With about 10hours to go, a lead of 50km is quite significant. Will reasses once KB is at the bottom of the pass

Because it's long does not mean you have to tote along liters of water or stuff. It is not selfsupperted. There is waterpoints and reace village nowhere more than 80km apart.

So if the cyclist really know himself well he'll have to carry not much more than for his usual 100km ride.

Edited by IH8MUD