Poor journalism bike hub...very poor!

agentgreen

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop this right now, the man has a constitutional right to display impotent rage and no amount of common sense can rob him of that right.

Well it does work for the alt-right!

I know this will annoy many people... but I don't really care. 

First indication that this thread was gonna explode into a proper thrashing of anything the OP said below this line. . . 

I sense the thread will be closed soon

I know this will annoy many people... but I don't really care. 

I came across this post on bikehub and sort of gasped as I read it... aren't you supposed to be doing cycle-journalism in your news section? if so this is a poor excuse for journalism...

Firstly, if you don't know about Liteville, I can't fault you too much, but bike journo's should and if they don't...maybe do some research? (do you know what that is?)

1) This is not a new bike or as you put it "new-comer". The bike pictured, Liteville's 601 is in its 4th generation and the 601 is well known to big mountain and freeriders, all of whom would swap their wife or carbon framed bike to own one of these (they are highly sought after due to the immensely incredible design and quality- anyone familiar with syntace will know about this). The point is, though not a household name, cyclists who take their **** seriously know all about this bike, and this company and the fact that you dont probably has more to do with the spandex/multiday mentality od cyclists in this country.

2)"theoretically, its appealing, but only time will show if it works". the picture is of a 601 mk 4, that means the 4th generation of this bike. It does work very well, this has been proven consistently in mark 1, 2 and 3 so theoretically, you don't know what you are talking about... if you had read a review on this bike you would understand most of this...( https://www.pinkbike.com/news/liteville-601-mk-2-review-2015.html ). There isn't a bike on the market that can hold as much speed in a corner as this machine, but you are too lazy to actually do your job and be a journalist.

3) this is not an "enduro" bike. yeah, you can use it for that, but it's a little overkill unless you are on a seriously steep track. This bike is designed to ride in BIG mountains, where mistakes often lead to a rider plummeting hundreds of feet to his or her death. it is for freeride and park use, light DH too and though it will chew up and spit out a Santa Cruz Nomad (or any "enduro" machine for that matter) descending, it's not the most pedal friendly bike out there (though it can hold its own pretty well considering it comes stock with a Rockshox Vivid air).

If you are going to run an article like this, do the research, or maybe focus on the Liteville 301 and 101, which are much more relevant to this countries bike market.

I'm happy to stand by those two paragraphs. We've published way worse  ;)

But if you truly feel we've done a terrible job, you're welcome to send me a re-write of the two paragraphs. Perhaps then I can discern where we went wrong.

I'm happy to stand by those two paragraphs.

But if you truly feel we've done a terrible job, your welcome to send me a re-write the two paragraphs. Perhaps then I can discern where we went wrong.

Nah Nick, he just can't read good. Your observations were spot on. His postulations were wank. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew