Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following this thread since start, It encouraged me to work on my relationship when it started. 

Unfortunately the results were not all that excellent.

Long story short things gone from bad to worse and I decided to end it, wife did not take it very well and I am staying with family.

Fortunately I get to see daughter regularly ATM and should continue that way.

My friends and family have been INSANE amount of support.

Saturday was worst day of my life in every way possible.

I have been following this thread since start, It encouraged me to work on my relationship when it started.

Long story short things gone from bad to worse and I decided to end it, wife did not take it very well and I am staying with family.

Sorry to hear this - hope it gets better going forward

I can't like this post enough!

So, my home is currently needing some attention. But I spend most of my weekends on the bike with my son(s), and we have more bikes than some bike shops. So, my brothers sometimes ask me why I spend so much money on bikes and races with my kids, and I tell them that I only have my kids for a very short time before they grow up and leave home. I will have more than enough time and money once they left home to fix up the home and give it some attention.

sterkte boet. I'm in the process as well. Some days are better than others. Some are just plain ****. I too experienced grace and empathy from people from whom I didn't even expect it. Take it day by day and get counseling for yourself and your kid. My therapist is much harder than me based on the advice she gives regarding my (ex)wife.

A number of hubbers reached out and gave me sound advice. I am forever thankful for that.

Something positive:

I'm taking my kids camping for the first time this weekend. Looking forward, but also anxious about how it will work out. They're 6 & 4.

sterkte boet. I'm in the process as well. Some days are better than others. Some are just plain ****. I too experienced grace and empathy from people from whom I didn't even expect it. Take it day by day and get counseling for yourself and your kid. My therapist is much harder than me based on the advice she gives regarding my (ex)wife.

A number of hubbers reached out and gave me sound advice. I am forever thankful for that.

Something positive:

I'm taking my kids camping for the first time this weekend. Looking forward, but also anxious about how it will work out. They're 6 & 4.

Don't lose them....or you really will be in the dwang

tie a rope to them and anchor this to the tent ..... problem solved!

Something positive:

tie a rope to them and anchor this to the tent ..... problem solved!

Slightly off topic but,

In Bots my son decided instead of a party for his 10th birthday he asked if we could do Central Kalahari and take his friends

We invited the kids 4 of them

We joked in the truck on the way that we better not let them out of our site and have them eaten by lion.

3rd night we had 6 lion walk into our firelight after dinner.I stuck to those kids like glue

Slightly off topic but,

In Bots my son decided instead of a party for his 10th birthday he asked if we could do Central Kalahari and take his friends

We invited the kids 4 of them

We joked in the truck on the way that we better not let them out of our site and have them eaten by lion.

3rd night we had 6 lion walk into our firelight after dinner.I stuck to those kids like glue

Sorry that gave me a good chuckle at your expense :)