Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

I wonder if its the same bird.

If so, I also wonder if there is any merit in just shooting it and finished, before anyone gets hurt.

The heck? if this was meant to bait, its bait of excellent quality :drool: 

Just came to check what was being said about current cycling here and I'm happy to see the bird exploit human lockdown to nest in a nature reserve. Conservation is best!

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so.The bird has been there for a few year

Lets hope so but as we all know humans always take precedence over animals...

Well done Harry,nice one, they took the bait in all their snowflake glory. By the way I'm of the opinion that the foam is from the auntie's bubble baths in Bedfordview..

Went riding on the red route yesterday and the mud was not bad at all. Not any but for a few small areas - nothing to worry about. The problem I found was the blackjacks! Very overgrown with blackjacks in many areas. Overall had a lekker ride but would be nice if the track was cleared of the overgrown blackjacks.

According to the opening and closing times on their website, it seems Wednesday evening rides at Modders are no longer. Can anyone confirm this?

• 1 month later...

Reserve looking good. 

But why of why do people ride the river section when they clearly don't want riders through there? It's not ambiguous. They have sealed if off.

I know it's nice single-track but there is a reason it's closed off, likely to protect the birds mentioned in this thread. 

Last time I rode at Tarako was 24 April 2021, the river section was included in the Green and Red route if I am not mistaken.
First time I got to ride this section, was not blocked off at all and boards directed us straight into it.

21 hours ago, Dup08 said:

Last time I rode at Tarako was 24 April 2021, the river section was included in the Green and Red route if I am not mistaken.
First time I got to ride this section, was not blocked off at all and boards directed us straight into it.

Just asked, it's for the bird (see death threats /s:)

Yeah all routes go past the river now!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, Dup08 said:

How was it? Thinking of heading out there this weekend.