The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a 5-speed rear cassette for. 90s mountain bike? The one I have has been going strong for the past 25 years and finding a replacement has been pretty impossible. 

Also looking for road bike brake levers (without gear levers). 

Edited by shahilj

Looking for an Avid Elixir Hydraulic brake caliper. No hoses, or lever needed. It's the last part required to complete a build for my daughter's bike. Willing to pay for it.

3 hours ago, Black Line said:

Looking for an Avid Elixir Hydraulic brake caliper. No hoses, or lever needed. It's the last part required to complete a build for my daughter's bike. Willing to pay for it.

Pse wapp me tomorrow think I have one . If so it’s free. Arno zero833959038

1 hour ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Pse wapp me tomorrow think I have one . If so it’s free. Arno zero833959038

Thank you kindly. I'll do so. 

Hey guys, I'm looking for an 8 speed MTB rear derailleur. A friend's sister had a checkers packet fly into her drivetrain yesterday and as a result of everything getting clogged up the derailleur snapped in half.

Drop me a PM if you have one you want to get rid of and we can talk prices etc. I'd just like to get her back on the road.

I'm sure 9 speed would work too

On 6/15/2021 at 12:16 PM, Trashy said:

I'm looking for a 26" fork. Straight steerer, quick release.

Anything from 100mm - 120mm will work.

Don't need anything fancy, as it's for my wife's bike that is seldom ridden.

Willing to pay.

Cheers.

Have you come right yet? If not, I may have something that can work. 

20 hours ago, Schmorglebot said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for an 8 speed MTB rear derailleur. A friend's sister had a checkers packet fly into her drivetrain yesterday and as a result of everything getting clogged up the derailleur snapped in half.

Drop me a PM if you have one you want to get rid of and we can talk prices etc. I'd just like to get her back on the road.

I'm sure 9 speed would work too

Sportsman's warehouse have brand new sunrace ones for 250zar

Might work, is new and is cheap(ish)

Anybody have a rockshox shock valvecap 

I will gladly pay 

Else I just buy metal valvecap at motorspares

15 hours ago, Barry said:

I have these if you still need

16243695967674156469929613215515.jpg

I picked these up yesterday from Barry, who just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Thank you Barry, you are one of the good ones!

Hello dear Readers. I'm looking for spare consumable parts (chain, cassette, maybe chainrings) for a local groundskeeper. They have an mtb with a rusty shimano acera 8 speed grouppo that I'd like to revive. Pls pop me a message if you can help!

Hi all,

I'm looking for chicken teeth :)

Shimano 3 x 8 speed shifter set (not with the integrated brake levers). Looking to buy, if anyone can point me in the right direction please. 

Thank you

On 6/14/2021 at 2:16 PM, Wikus Nagel said:

Hi Every one. I am busy building up 2x donation bicycles for less privileged commuters and need a set of 26inch V brake rims with tubes to complete one bike and a set of 26inch tyres to complete the second. Willing to swop some parts if need be...

Hi There. 

If I can find a set of shimano 3x8 speed shifters (the ones without the integrated brake lever), then i can let go of the 26" v-brake rim set + v-brakes + 3x8 shifter / brake combo unit i have. I'm changing my daughters wheelset and brakes to hydraulic, hence the need for a 3x8 speed shifter set.

I'll PM you if when and if i come right.

Cheers