Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

It would have been nice if we were made aware of this by the event organisers. I was there this morning and would have gone and looked my name up to sign it. This year it will be my 13th (I think….. :huh: ) time I'm doing this race.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience getting in and out the venue was much better than previous years as was number collection, 15th 947 so picked up my blue number. Not bothered with not receiving the traditional goodie bag, one persons goodie bag is another persons bag full of cr@p. Depending on what you were looking for some decent buys to be had, a lot of the items I saw at Solomons were marked well as well as Extreme Lights. It did however appear that almost every store were selling items like gels, energy drink powder etc. The food and drink on sale was also a rip off. 

It would have been nice if we were made aware of this by the event organisers. I was there this morning and would have gone and looked my name up to sign it. This year it will be my 13th (I think….. :huh: ) time I'm doing this race.

Ditto, i was also unaware of it. 

Some mates and I were having a good chuckle now. You can boost that already massive goodie bag easy. Just be a cheapskate there are a few nice freebies going as you troll the expo. Second to last turn on the right a stand handing out as many as you want granola type crunchy bars. Just after the nice Chickie's selling bike insurance. Last turn before the free water bottle on the right and left, chicken nuggets and biltong. O and as you almost exit the dome on the left, reusable washable sanitary pads (passed on that one????)

Am I gonna get in trouble for doing a second lap? I am considering catching up to my wife as she starts 2 hours after me, however I've read somewhere that apart from the DL it is strictly forbidden to do 2 laps. 

Does anyone have any experience? Do I have to smuggle myself onto the route behind the start or something?

Am I gonna get in trouble for doing a second lap? I am considering catching up to my wife as she starts 2 hours after me, however I've read somewhere that apart from the DL it is strictly forbidden to do 2 laps. 

Does anyone have any experience? Do I have to smuggle myself onto the route behind the start or something?

Just take your chip off and put it in your pocket.

Some mates and I were having a good chuckle now. You can boost that already massive goodie bag easy. Just be a cheapskate there are a few nice freebies going as you troll the expo. Second to last turn on the right a stand handing out as many as you want granola type crunchy bars. Just after the nice Chickie's selling bike insurance. Last turn before the free water bottle on the right and left, chicken nuggets and biltong. O and as you almost exit the dome on the left, reusable washable sanitary pads (passed on that one[emoji3])

I Had a field day with those chicken nuggets and mayo! And the wheat biltong

what is a goodie bag  :whistling:

Something you can find on a different thread

Who remembers? 

Sorry, dont know how to help you out by providing a link.... I am like your typical Japanese cyber security manager

With studies and hockey getting in the way of cycling (sacrilege I know :( ), I didn't even think of riding this year. Total riding distance in the last month = 220km. Total riding distance in the 3 months before that = 0km.

And then a free entry happened to land in my inbox :o 

Why do we like pain so much???????

Just take your chip off and put it in your pocket.

You done that? Some mates said that the mats will still pick it up when the chip is in your pocket.

Last year, I handed the chip to some mates after lap one and rode the 2nd one without a chip altogether. Seems saver option

You done that? Some mates said that the mats will still pick it up when the chip is in your pocket.

Last year, I handed the chip to some mates after lap one and rode the 2nd one without a chip altogether. Seems saver option

I did it a couple of years ago and had no problems, but it will be safer to give it to a friend if possible. 

I applied to do 2 laps and was approved. The only catch was that chip must be in for both laps.

I applied to do 2 laps and was approved. The only catch was that chip must be in for both laps.

Chip must be in ??

Didn't know that one had to apply for a 2nd lap.

Majority of the people I know that have done 2 laps they just did it.

Chip must be in ??

Didn't know that one had to apply for a 2nd lap.

Majority of the people I know that have done 2 laps they just did it.

DL  Charity Double Lappers 6:01
The official T&C's:

http://www.cyclechallenge.co.za/cyclechallengeterms

1. A rider shall not ride the route a second time after finishing unless he/she has applied to ride in a Double Lap group (limited entries) via a registered Cycle Challenge charity.
Edited by Pieter-za