All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/marcel-kittel-retires-from-professional-cycling/

Pro cycling ain’t for the faint hearted

Marcel Kittel’s words on his retirement:

"I have lost all motivation to keep torturing myself on a bike."

“As a cyclist, you’re traveling 200 days a year, and I do not want to see my son grow up on Skype," he said. “Family, friends, everything was too short, plus the permanent fatigue and the routine... I’ve realised this loss of quality of life more and more."

he's 31.

In other sports that is not really a young age to be retiring. other sports where you do a lot of training and spend time out of a suitcase

cameron vd bergh age 30

martina hingis retired age 22, with 16 grandslam victories (if you include doubles)

she retired again age at ages 27 and 37

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ranking can be viewed at https://www.uci.org/road/rankings

attachicon.gifWT rankings.PNG

the gap from 17th to 21st is just 90 points.

even worse, is that DDD's highest scoring rider is a certain michael valgren, on 892 points. the real problem is that about 700 of those points are from 2018, and will fall away soon.

and ICA and Corendon have been winning enough recently to make some big gains (i guess a MvdP world's win would probably leapfrog DDD)

even worse, is that DDD's highest scoring rider is a certain michael valgren, on 899 points. the problem is that about 700 of those points are from 2018, and will fall away soon.

the gap from 17th to 21st is just 90 points.

even worse, is that DDD's highest scoring rider is a certain michael valgren, on 892 points. the real problem is that about 700 of those points are from 2018, and will fall away soon.

and ICA and Corendon have been winning enough recently to make some big gains (i guess a MvdP world's win would probably leapfrog DDD)

even worse, is that DDD's highest scoring rider is a certain michael valgren, on 899 points. the problem is that about 700 of those points are from 2018, and will fall away soon.

The current 18 WorldTour teams will be assured a place if they finish the 2019 season in the top 20 places in the retrospective three-year world ranking for UCI men's teams covering points scored in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by each teams’ 10 best riders.

Not sure if this is new or old news:

The usually very well-informed Italian sports daily Gazzetta Dello Sport is reporting that Mark Cavendish, Wout Poels, Eros Capecchi and Bernhard Eisel could be set to join Bahrain-Merida for 2020.

The usually very well-informed Italian sports daily Gazzetta Dello Sport is reporting that Mark Cavendish, Wout Poels, Eros Capecchi and Bernhard Eisel could be set to join Bahrain-Merida for 2020.

post-27827-0-62257700-1566912453.jpg

With Cav' and Eisel out, is there now budget in the new NTT team for a disgruntled Sprinter... Bennet?

There are rumours that he is going to The Wolf Pack, but nothing is confirmed until pen is put to paper... so we can hope. Campenaerts was a total surprise signing, so maybe they have some new firepower to negotiate with that persuaded him.

With Cav' and Eisel out, is there now budget in the new NTT team for a disgruntled Sprinter... Bennet?

There are rumours that he is going to The Wolf Pack, but nothing is confirmed until pen is put to paper... so we can hope. Campenaerts was a total surprise signing, so maybe they have some new firepower to negotiate with that persuaded him.

No man, he's on the rise. Don't send him to the retirement home yet! :ph34r:

The usually very well-informed Italian sports daily Gazzetta Dello Sport is reporting that Mark Cavendish, Wout Poels, Eros Capecchi and Bernhard Eisel could be set to join Bahrain-Merida for 2020.

Seems like an expensive way to have dinner with Peta

Eurosport was saying yesterday its all a bit of a right ole ballz up -  current team wants to keep him but no contract signed and its still on going therefore he can't sign with other teams as yet.

Eurosport was saying yesterday its all a bit of a right ole ballz up -  current team wants to keep him but no contract signed and its still on going therefore he can't sign with other teams as yet.

Apparently there was a verbal or other committal that is enough for Bora to think they can hold it over him but no contact as yet and Quckstep are pretty certain he's going there. One thing is sure, Sam wants out of his long Endura / Netapp / Bora relationship. 

Apparently there was a verbal or other committal that is enough for Bora to think they can hold it over him but no contact as yet and Quckstep are pretty certain he's going there. One thing is sure, Sam wants out of his long Endura / Netapp / Bora relationship. 

He is far too good to be third in line when it comes to team selection (sprints) for the big races so the sooner he gets out of Bora the better for him. 

Good to see Cav finding his form at the first sprint stage @ Tour de Deutsch

100 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team Dimension Data

van was top 10 though

7 Reinardt Janse van Rensburg (RSA) Team Dimension Data

and

25 Enrico Gasparotto (Swi) Team Dimension Data