All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

Slight deviation from topic. Gibbo was on the Dan Nichols show last night.

If you missed it, there are a couple of reruns coming up.

Edited by Fond_TF2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately there have been very few riders that have got to NTT and got better. I like Aru and I hope he can come back but I also hope they abandon the GT podium approach. There are alot of teams that are better drilled, have stronger squads and more talented guys for the top 3 steps. Aru isn't the old and has been hampered by the artery issue I'm guessing but then this year was a mess it seems for him. Can Assos / Q be the home to kickstart his career? Will be interesting to watch and hope to see the pain face cross the line 1st on some stages. 

"Davide Rebellin set to continue racing in 2021"

I must say when I saw this on Cycling News I did wonder if.... but luckily he's signed for a Cambodian team. Turns 50 this year. 29 Seasons in the Peloton and a few dodgy moments to say the least but a few big wins as well. Not that they are connected. 

Looks like the books are full despite UCI allowing teams more riders this year. ISN are the only ones to currently have gone full 32. 

This years players for Assos... who do we thinks stands a chance of glory?  

post-132517-0-77242400-1607456365_thumb.png

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Looks like the books are full despite UCI allowing teams more riders this year. ISN are the only ones to currently have gone full 32.

This years players for Assos... who do we thinks stands a chance of glory?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2020-12-08 at 9.39.03 pm.png

It they can't get some results with a squad that size then they never will.

Well, one thing is for sure is that we all know Sander Armee 'hates' a futile breakaway.

I like Gogle and Walscheid. They showed some guts this season.

If Aru can find some form and confidence it will be rad. I really hope he can but I fear he may be another Louis.

Henao can ride, Pozzivizo, Nizzolo and of course Camapanaerts and Clarke with the 'pedigree'... 

As Gen said, if they can't get results with this squad they never will. This is a really strong squad for one of the bottom ranked WT teams. 

I really hope they get it right!

• 1 month later...

Irish sports agency Sport Endorse has secured a deal with WorldTour outfit Team Qhubeka Assos worth some €45 million over the next three years.

The Dublin-based company will be responsible for securing sponsors and commercial partners for the African cycling team.

https://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/irish-sports-firm-in-e45-million-deal-with-qhubeka-assos-worldtour-team/?fbclid=IwAR05xI8inEQSKI50nJt1_6WV47fsqXMCB6R1uYC3OZGRFETD7JLwtJEAqsE

Irish sports agency Sport Endorse has secured a deal with WorldTour outfit Team Qhubeka Assos worth some €45 million over the next three years.

The Dublin-based company will be responsible for securing sponsors and commercial partners for the African cycling team.

https://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/irish-sports-firm-in-e45-million-deal-with-qhubeka-assos-worldtour-team/?fbclid=IwAR05xI8inEQSKI50nJt1_6WV47fsqXMCB6R1uYC3OZGRFETD7JLwtJEAqsE

So no actual money, they have just been appointed as sponsor brokers basically to save Doug shopping the story from corp office to corp office. Just looking at the report that 45K is simply a sponsorship target that they hope to secure for the 3 years they will be representing the team's interests. Wonder if that is a target pre or post the agencys % cut?  

So no actual money, they have just been appointed as sponsor brokers basically to save Doug shopping the story from corp office to corp office. Just looking at the report that 45K is simply a sponsorship target that they hope to secure for the 3 years they will be representing the team's interests. Wonder if that is a target pre or post the agencys % cut?  

All I take from that is that Doug thinks the team will be around for another 3 years at least.....