All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

I'm not a great fan and I doubt Doug will consider him again, but you have to accept that when he was in the team the DD sprint train looked a hell of a lot more organised than it does now - and Reinardt was a lot more prominent with Cav in the team than he is now.

He certainly knew how to curse everyone into the correct positions

Agreed. Reluctantly :-)

Maybe he is the key to unlocking the Van Resnburg/Nizzolo sprint train. 

To be honest I would prefer a winning NTT with Cav than a losing NTT without him....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a great fan and I doubt Doug will consider him again, but you have to accept that when he was in the team the DD sprint train looked a hell of a lot more organised than it does now - and Reinardt was a lot more prominent with Cav in the team than he is now.

He certainly knew how to curse everyone into the correct positions

It was very impressive how they burst onto the scene as TDD at the TDF and took something like 6 stages. They were giving DQS a proper run for their money.

He definitely brought a lot of success with him in the early days. 

I still believe the crash with Sagan at the TDF was the turning point where something switched in his mind and he just didn't have that confidence to "go for it" anymore. I think his legs still had a couple of wins left in them.

It's a real pity that securing the sponsorship deals took so long as the team has lost most of the riders who showed potential.

Suspect it's also hampered the ability to sign new riders.

But, they remain Africa's team and as such we wish them all of the best.

Time to rally to troops and get some positive performances and results.

It's a real pity that securing the sponsorship deals took so long as the team has lost most of the riders who showed potential.

Suspect it's also hampered the ability to sign new riders.

But, they remain Africa's team and as such we wish them all of the best.

Time to rally to troops and get some positive performances and results.

in this podcast JVaughters goes into detail how much of a stuff up a merger/sponsor scramble is for the team the next year - it's a death spiral.

https://lifeinthepeloton.com/2020/08/26/jonathan-vaughters-a-team-manager/

Simon Clarke confirmed

I was with one of his cousins yesterday actually!

Simon Clarke

I’m really thrilled to be taking on a new challenge with Team Qhubeka ASSOS. In one way, this is a sort of homecoming in that my father is South African and I’ve always felt some sort of deeper interest and pull towards the team.

The opportunity to find out more and contribute to the amazing work that the Qhubeka Charity does is truly unique, and the South African side of my family is already pushing me to ensure that I get the pronunciation correct – so I have some work to do!

2020 has been a strange and difficult year for everyone but a highlight without doubt was my victory at Royal Bernard Drome on a day in really tough conditions.

I really look forward to bringing those capabilities, as well as my leadership qualities, into the team and look forward to making it a very special year for us all. There’s already a strong core group in place and no doubt with further additions to come we’ll be competitive wherever we race.

Finally, my wife is from the area very close to where ASSOS are based and so I’ve come to know some of the people involved over the years. They are a fantastic product and to have them as a key role player is going to be great.

Harry Tanfield believed to be coming across according to cycling news

I've been looking at the recent signings and there aren't any 'winners' tbh. Not like a Valgeran should have been or a Bossan Hagen. They have a lot got the same kind of guys good, solid riders who can win at times but aren't there at the pointy end knocking on the door. Clarke is the same kind of rider, dependable can win if things are right but not someone who will force it until it happened. 

Harry Tanfeild on the other hand is a very good prospect to become that winning rider. He's sill got alot to learn and grow and maybe they are getting him a couple of years early but he's a genuine prospect for sure. If Nizzolo can take a step up like he did at the beginning off the year then that's two prospects for 2021 that look good. 

Sad to say for all the issues of Cav and Cummings when they were there, hindsight show that they were some of the best results by far for the team and garnered the best publicity for sponsors. 

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fabio-aru-signs-for-qhubeka-assos-as-he-looks-to-save-his-career/

Fabio Aru signs for Qhubeka Assos

Aru is still relatively young, so I hope they can work with him to get the motivated to attack and go up the road. I'd rather see a rider try and fail than a dead duck sitting on the wheels. Team NTT have had a number of these dead ducks in the past.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fabio-aru-signs-for-qhubeka-assos-as-he-looks-to-save-his-career/

Fabio Aru signs for Qhubeka Assos

Aru is still relatively young, so I hope they can work with him to get the motivated to attack and go up the road. I'd rather see a rider try and fail than a dead duck sitting on the wheels. Team NTT have had a number of these dead ducks in the past.

Aru has to change his goals. If he continues to be a GT overall contender in his head he'll and up a damp squib.

If memory serves, Aru has never ridden a Monument.

He has won quite a few stages at GT's through attacking. 2014/15 he was on the podium 2 or 3 times at the GT's wasn't he?

Then, again, this is all memory, did he not have some sort of artery issue which put him under the knife?

Change of teams while recovering probably also hasn't helped.

I would love to see him get back to his old self. He wears his heart on his sleeve and I always pictured him as a floppy headed South Park Canadian when he was attacking. Gulping for air, mouth wide open... 

Confidence and form. If he can find those he will by his very nature attack. As AQ don't really have a GT support team, it would be awesome if they could get him to target the polka dot jersey at TDF or make a run at Giro.

Well, time will tell. The roster has bugged me, but the team tactics over the last few years has bugged me more.

Edited by Jewbacca

I am quite happy to see Aru on the team .

Hopefully he can find some of his old form .

The feeling I get is that this team is kind of going back to it's roots , and I hope as a result they get some good race results next year .