[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Event regulations that have become stricter (reality) and a different starting location from the previous wind enhancing location of the civic centre (reality) accounted for, all I see in the "fear of wind comments" are lentil munchers and NIMBY snowflakes with a desire to eliminate any risk from life. Just ride the bike. The wind is what it is on the day.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeepz... I read all these comments about the wind and and and.... I been of the bike now for 7 weeks with a snapped achilles.

I would gladly walk the CTCT carrying my bike if the wind is too strong just to be there.

That's the spirit.  :thumbup:  :clap:

Event regulations that have become stricter (reality) and a different starting location from the previous wind enhancing location of the civic centre (reality) accounted for, all I see in the "fear of wind comments" are lentil munchers and NIMBY snowflakes with a desire to eliminate any risk from life. Just ride the bike. The wind is what it is on the day.

I have no problem with the wind, I survived 2009 as a noob. My fear is that the cancel it again. If I lived in CT I would not even bother to look at the weather predictions. But to travel 600km just to be told the wind is to strong to ride is not nice.

Big girl panties on boys and girls, I'm riding on Sunday regardless.

I'll meet whoever at the start to ride through route.

I've done dumber **** than ride my bicycle in the wind.

Not a bad idea. If they cancel the race, let us all who want to ride get together at a certain place and ride. Make it a Hub groupride.

Not a bad idea. If they cancel the race, let us all who want to ride get together at a certain place and ride. Make it a Hub groupride.

Bikehub have a strava group that will easily co-ordinate that ride, and what’s better is that strava will handle timing an positions for free!

in 2017 I arrived for my first CTCT - night before I ate a ton pasta  - I look at carbs and gain weight which is an issue considering my beer habit.  It got shortened, it got cancelled.  Returned home chunky and bloated.  This year I'm taking my MTB as backup with some gravel tyres.  If the wind blows & in the unlikely even of a cancellation I'm riding regardless.  Not spending money and training time to return fatter again!