Name and shame - HUB Member

The Bike Vendor

Some of the Stuff People are Selling on the Hub is just Ridiculous and Sometimes Ridiculously Priced. Better to go to a Shop and see what you buying. I've never yet seen a sweet deal on the Hub Oh yes I did once it was a pair of Saints Pedals for R250.(almost new).

I must be honest, this type of behavior is alarming to say the least but, one has to bear in mind that in the world we live in scammers and con artists are no longer the minority. It's almost social accepted that this is just the way it is which is a sad state of affairs. 

That being said, I have bought and sold quite few things on the Hub and I've always sold for lower than what you can buy for in the shop (makes sense 2nd hand - even when virtually new). I recently bought a 1x10 XT Groupo here and man what value for money. 

Not everyone is a crook but, with budgets being what the are and the government (wives) limiting our spending we have to be super careful. If ever I'd need to buy a bike in another province I'd get the guy to take it to a reputable LBS to have it checked or find a fellow (well known) Hubber to go check in out. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue has been resolved.

Joe contacted me and offered to reimburse me for my expenses, we agreed to an amount.

I sent him my banking details and the matter has been resolved. Thanks Joe for the help and after our chat over the phone I am confident that our next dealing will be positive. As you said, you have learnt a lesson and I myself have also learnt a lesson.

I haven't read the last 5 pgs since you posted this, so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

Would he have made this arrangement if you hadn't posted this. I doubt.

Once again the power of the Hub prevails

I haven't read the last 5 pgs since you posted this, so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

Would he have made this arrangement if you hadn't posted this. I doubt.

Once again the power of the Hub prevails

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The Hub is about as powerful or influential as AfriForum or BLF.

Im not interested in any agreement with joe funk(cockcheese), that post was purely to let him think about his ways and encouragement to sort this mess out in the proper manner. Then again things do come back to bite one in the ass, hopefully paths don't cross one day. Btw hello from Langebaan mr cheese, I am in your back yard so to say.......

Please pay him a visit.... remember to lean into it..... :)

The real power comes from your hips....  :whistling:

If you ever meet Andy you will understand that it doesn't really matter much... the only question is if it's going to be 2 or 3 backloops.... or in my case (being a lightweight) probably 5... fortunately Andy and I are on good terms. :)

I gotta say - I'm not a big fan of people that use thehub purely for making money. It falls into that "legally correct but ethically questionable" category I dislike.

It's a but like adding a middle man to all sales - adds no value but ups the price for everyone.

If you ever meet Andy you will understand that it doesn't really matter much... the only question is if it's going to be 2 or 3 backloops.... or in my case (being a lightweight) probably 5... fortunately Andy and I are on good terms. :)

Im not that bad Doc, lost another 10kg's and at a fighting fit 100

I gotta say - I'm not a big fan of people that use thehub purely for making money. It falls into that "legally correct but ethically questionable" category I dislike.

It's a but like adding a middle man to all sales - adds no value but ups the price for everyone.

No effective way to prevent this. They spend all day keeping an eye out for the bargains and pick them up before the rest of us can get time away from our day job.

We can always band together and avoid the known middlemen/dealers, but unless it is a lynching, the Bikehub mob is difficult to organize for a coordinated response.

No effective way to prevent this. They spend all day keeping an eye out for the bargains and pick them up before the rest of us can get time away from our day job.

We can always band together and avoid the known middlemen/dealers, but unless it is a lynching, the Bikehub mob is difficult to organize for a coordinated response.

Because deep down they all looking for bargains!

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The Hub is about as powerful or influential as AfriForum or BLF.

So I saw Andile Mngxitama riding on a Spaz in the Cradle today.  He got into a fight with Kallie Kriel overtaking in a bakkie while he was scoping out land that he intends to expropriate with no compensate!  At least he greeted me when I rode past him :whistling:

Edited by PygaSchmyga

Maybe I look for positives, do any of them actually perform a service on the bikes maybe replacing some key components that has worn out, thus making it possible for them to sell it for a higher price?

Maybe I look for positives, do any of them actually perform a service on the bikes maybe replacing some key components that has worn out, thus making it possible for them to sell it for a higher price?

It's possible if they're using second hand parts but new parts on used bikes would make them profitless I reckon.

Do you REALLY want to take it to another Friday - not gonna happen !!

Im not that bad Doc, lost another 10kg's and at a fighting fit 100

Good point :) Be careful you don't fade away complete...

Have you not read this thread??? They take all the expensive stuff off and replace it with cheap, worn out rubbish. You can decide if that is to disguise the appearance of the bike or to make an additional R12.50 in profit.