Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it's definitely worth saving 1500 and going for the cannondale with that you could buy your kit or some upgrades for the cannondale like Tubeless.

Thank you for the advice, really appreciate it. Will buy the 5. What do you mean by kit btw? And which upgrades would you suggest? I will definitely consider this if it's in any way beneficial.

Anyone actually got photographic evidence of one of these steeds....

Yes, there are earlier posts with photos. But here are some more. This is for Trail 7,as Trail 5 is not in store yet. 54c0df7e0b0a25db04145e0a92272f7a.jpgb2e185ad6e834b6f0579f64ae408b53b.jpgf88f67748b2f701968c2c74dae9f739d.jpgccdb88149ca7db5b7b8b88dc654168d9.jpg

Thank you for the advice, really appreciate it. Will buy the 5. What do you mean by kit btw? And which upgrades would you suggest? I will definitely consider this if it's in any way beneficial.

Talking about a helmet, cycling tops and pants, cycling shoes, glasses and bottles. All you can get from Makro for under R1000.

Talking about a helmet, cycling tops and pants, cycling shoes, glasses and bottles. All you can get from Makro for under R1000.

Avoid cycling shoes with cleats and buy decent mtb pedals ... you don't need bottles get a hydration pack

You don't need pants get cycling shorts and most importantly get a saddle bag for your spare tube, bombs, tyre levers and other important stuff

Cannondale are the owner of the trademark.

Pretty sure Omnico have taken the issue up with Cannondale in the US.

They would have to be careful that they dont throw their toys too much, Cannondale US may just give the distribution to Makro, massive retail footprint with huge chequebook.

If makro take over the whole brand I would get off cannondale ASAP , not that I own one but yeah 

Yes, there are earlier posts with photos. But here are some more. This is for Trail 7,as Trail 5 is not in store yet. 54c0df7e0b0a25db04145e0a92272f7a.jpgb2e185ad6e834b6f0579f64ae408b53b.jpgf88f67748b2f701968c2c74dae9f739d.jpgccdb88149ca7db5b7b8b88dc654168d9.jpg

so much irony. unrotated photos to highlight/complain about/poke fun at shoddy workmanship. my neck hurts. what were we supposed to have seen?

so much irony. unrotated photos to highlight/complain about/poke fun at shoddy workmanship. my neck hurts. what were we supposed to have seen?

Hello. They are unrotated so they display full screen when view on mobile. I use tapatalk and it just uploaded them as is. These were just in reply to someone wanting to know if there were pictures. Not to show of my photography skills. View it don't view it.

An Slx M7000 1x11 wouldn't look out of place on that frame. You can cover half the cost by selling off the stock groupset. I'm sure the hub classifieds can turn that trail 7 into a proper beast.

in terms of upgrades I would definitely convert to Tubeless no worries about flats ever again.

Kit would be helmet, gloves, shorts, shoes.

An Slx M7000 1x11 wouldn't look out of place on that frame. You can cover half the cost by selling off the stock groupset. I'm sure the hub classifieds can turn that trail 7 into a proper beast.

U'd be lucky to get 2k for that groupset including the 10 ton wheelset .. thats why besides the not bad looking frame the rest is no better then any very cheap entry lvl mtb components . thats why if u got a reeba good wheelset brakes etc already .. and dont mind paying 4k for a dale frame ... otherwise these will get no more people riding then a sportmans wharehouse titan ..

u could just buy this if u dont want a raleighdale ...

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/bikes/marvel-xc-core-29er

Well at least if you own a cannondale now, the chances of being mugged are slimmer. Perps would be like, that's a Makro bike, NEXT

Eina