Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cois, thank you for the update. Was a bit worried there when we didn't hear from you for such a long time. Hoping there's some good news and some competent people on your case soon. Thinking of you.

Edited by cat-i

Cois my hart goes out to you.

Please do speak to the senior nurse at the cancer ward .... X-Block at Tygerberg used to have a senior nurse trained in counseling the patient AND the family. (My mom did this many many years...)  Really hope you AND your family get the counseling and guidance !!

After 25 years working with cancer patients ... let's just say my mom did not give money to CANSA either .... SAD !!!!!

PS - Our neighbour is an 80+ year old lady.  Her daughter is her only relative in SA, diagnosed with widespread cancer .... waiting for the final diagnoses, but certainly not looking good.  We will be helping her with rides for shopping etc ... and still one wish you could do something to ease the pain of parent seeing a kid go through this.  kry nou sommer weer n knop in die keel ...

**** - have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how things were going. Sorry to hear about the speed bumps but hoping that the rest of the journey towards recovery is smoother.

really sad to hear. I too have a colonoscopy and gastropothy appointment next week. I will read up up the Kefir drink as well. All the best to you.

and keep well.