Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

I'll just leave this here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Md8oSWYP-pw9oekAKP_UJ3J1BpnY0astzyFXvKbR1lo/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to add yourself, but please don't break it  ;)

Maybe the hubbers can form sub-groups and show everyone how group riding should be done  :ph34r:

Bump.

Are there really only 38 hubbers doing the race? Or only 38 frequenting this thread? Or only 38 willing to put their names on the list?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you MEN *in the most offensive way possible* are doing the juniour tour. I got signed up for the 7km.

Any last minute training tips ?

Took my 5 year old for a training ride on Sunday afternoon, training starts like her Uncle when I start with my tapering - she's all set, serious business  :thumbup:

For me it's the claustrophobic tunnels and weird acoustic. It feels like being in that old first person tv game Doom, just designed by a coal miner on psychedelics.

I wonder what came first, the lack of traffic to the stands or the boring un imaginative stands ?

I remember the time that exhibitors would go all out, dancers, flashing lights, big displays, now it just seems to be a little cubicle with some odds and ends merchandise and disinterested expo staff.

I asked my 9yo and 11yo if they wanted to do it.

I got a couple of eyerolls, and a reply of "why should I bother getting out of bed for 7km" :whistling:

How many of you MEN *in the most offensive way possible* are doing the juniour tour. I got signed up for the 7km.

Dont forget to put it on Strava...

This goes without saying, mine pic of Strava is always me leaning over with number one smiling from ear to ear! 

7km here we go, this time around number 1 and number 2 are riding together and the missus and I are good to go! I suspect I'm going to be support crew for number 2 as she still needs a little helping hand here and there.

correct. Seeding letter printed or the sms or the email on your phone and drivers license is enough gain access

i think the poiint of using your racetec chip is to force people to

a)find it

b)make sure it works

maybe you should get a 50% discount beer voucher on presentation of chip 

pick me!

I entered both kids in the 7km this year. easier for us to just do one race(as hbomb will insist on riding with his sister again anyway). watch out for the downhill exiting the stadium precinct. if you want to go faaaaaast, get there earlier/be a chop and join the front or get used to sudden, unscheduled stops.

Please please please don't be that dad to get your kid into the start line first only for the kid to burst into tears when the race starts... Every year you have a poor little soul balling their eyes out cause it's just too much for them. 

a)find it

b)make sure it works

pick me!

I entered both kids in the 7km this year. easier for us to just do one race(as hbomb will insist on riding with his sister again anyway). watch out for the downhill exiting the stadium precinct. if you want to go faaaaaast, get there earlier/be a chop and join the front or get used to sudden, unscheduled stops.

Awesome video... I'm looking forward to your 2020 vid!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Keep on going up the hill .... keep on going up the hill .... keeeep onnnn goooiiing ....

Gotta love it!

a)find it

b)make sure it works

pick me!

This goes without saying, mine pic of Strava is always me leaning over with number one smiling from ear to ear! 

7km here we go, this time around number 1 and number 2 are riding together and the missus and I are good to go! I suspect I'm going to be support crew for number 2 as she still needs a little helping hand here and there.

check you der!

Awesome video... I'm looking forward to your 2020 vid!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

i don't put much of my kids online, but make a huge exception for the junior ARGUS (we are old school, and can''t change the name).

Just a heads up to all you other mamils for CTCT day - I did my fastest ever time (109 strava efforts) up the Suikerbossie south side segment this morning and now hold the 4788th position.

As the kid from shebeens video said - keep on going up the hill

Edited by Mamil

Bump.

Are there really only 38 hubbers doing the race? Or only 38 frequenting this thread? Or only 38 willing to put their names on the list?

My seeding this year is so bad, I'm riding under an alias, dressed up as a penguin. ;)  There is NO WAY I'm going to add my name to any list :blush:

OK, so let's get down to some important business....

Hubber identification. Blue cable ties? Bikehub socks? This been discussed before on this thread?