Stuff you learn(t) the hard way by being your own mechanic

anybody seen george?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother (17) went full vegan 7 months ago and got significant results with his cycling.His dissipline is only road. He encouraged me to do the same so I'm also vegan but only for 2 week so far. Id like you guys to go watch this movie on Netflix it's called 'The Game Changer'. The movie is really an eye opener and gives you a greater understanding about veganism.

I have always wondered about that old saying, how do you know somebody is a vegan?

This takes the cake.

Veganism brought up in a DIY mechanics thread........

And how many athletes aren't vegan? So what exactly is your point?

Do they maybe have experience in being a bike mechanic?  :ph34r: 

Go watch 'The game changer' it has endurance athletes in it, including an olimpic gold track rider.

Edited by piotter

Go watch 'The game changer' it has endurance athletes in it, including an olimpic gold track rider.

And how many of them became world class athletes before buying into the vegan trend lifestyle

And how many of them became world class athletes before buying into the vegan trend lifestyle

i was going to post exactly this. It is comparable to that transgender thread. gain all the physical advantage from eating 'normal' diets...then go vegan and pretend you could reach that level by being born one. It's illegal in some countries to force veganism on growing children....for a reason...

go check out a guy on Instagram called jamessmithpt, he does a review of this movie that is pretty damn good!

Here is a link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3I7_SugTZb/?igshid=1dvkqguls0bn4

I'm sure there are a few successful vegan athletes in all sports, but 95% of Olympic medalists aren't vegan! And I'm pretty sure their genetics are what got them to the Olympics more than their diet!

Good on vegans for not eating animals, I'm just not going to join you, no matter how many biased stories get posted or movies made by those supporting the vegan movement.

Edited by lurkerza

I wasn't telling anyone to eat what to eat and what to do. Dude chill. I get this reaction a lot and you probably think I'm better than you but I don't think so. It's just a simple diet choice. Eat meat if you if you want to eat meat.

Mate I am sorry but you purposefully posted your comments on this thread to get this reaction. No defending it. WHY ELSE would you post this in a thread about being your own home mechanic when there are loads of threads dedicated to dicussing dietary choices/lifestyles. 

PLEASE GET OFF MY THREAD. 

Sincerely, THE OP!

Stop being a troll, be cool guy, nobody enjoys a troll.

Edited by anybody seen george?

I know very off-topic, but who was the guy that started that thread too long ago I think it was about sponsors that didn't last very long before it was removed?

The only veganesque comment That belongs on this thread, could be about somebody who uses vegetable oil to lube their chain.

I use the left over grease from a pan of bacon for wet rides on my chain ... it is vark'ing good

Touche but posting about becoming a vegan in a thread about being your own mechanic just don't add up  :huh: But hey, it's Friday :clap:

I had to do a double check

I thought I clicked on the vegan religion thread