New Garmin Fenix 6

shaper

It’s expensive here too. Retailers are not permitted to give discounts although I got discount due to these delivery issues.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should one expect to see second hand (hardly used) Solar versions on sale in the UK shortly after they launch, with the primary reason being "the solar doesn't work properly"?

'Solar' meaning 'sun'.... so there's that

Fully aware of this.... as I just got the 945 a month ago, wont be upgrading anytime soon....

I have the 735 (since August 2016) and feel the same about not upgrading anytime soon. The only (major) benefit I see on the 945 vs the 735 is battery life... 14 hours vs 36 hours (in GPS mode).

The rest of the comparison (Y/N) has a few minor advantages, eg. Barometric vs GPS altimeter (GC does the auto-correction anyway), or perhaps the BT functionality that seems to be more popular.

At least with Disco Bank, I see my Sportsman Warehouse discount has increase, so it will soften the blow when I do (have to) upgrade.

I'm going to get a new Apple Watch series 5.

Have a nice Friday Hubland.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Garmin sheeple must be raging at that. :cursing: :whistling:

This Garmin sheeple couldn’t care less; if you are one of those people that enjoy charging their watch daily instead of every 2 weeks who am I to stop you?

????

Is that you, pot? I think this thread is intended for kettles ????

I'm going to get a new Apple Watch series 5.

Have a nice Friday Hubland.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maybe should be Simon123.....4 and 5 !

This Garmin sheeple couldn’t care less; if you are one of those people that enjoy charging their watch daily instead of every 2 weeks who am I to stop you?

That is why I have never even considered any of those ‘smart’ watch ranges. Up to 18 hours of battery life as proudly proclaimed by the marketing blurb is ludicrous.

So the postie came at 08:50 and delivered the F6. I open it slowly and my goodness its a large watch. I thought they had made an error and sent me a 6X by mistake but no, measure it and strues its a normal 6. 

Bear in mind my previous garmin was a vivo 3, this is also my first non touch screen Garmin in 3 years. Fire it all up and everything works as it should, hook it up for some updates. try and set it all up an I kinda miss the touch screen but just a matter of getting used to I spose. Looks rugged enough. Will spend the next couple of days mucking around in the settings and trying to figure it all out. 

Am happy with the screen too. I don't have any history with any Fenix watch in the past. Cant compare and I guess the net full of comparisons by far cleverer ppl than I. Did have a 735 a couple of years ago but this is on another level. 

much manlier looking than my vivoactive, so theres a plus. Will keep this watch for a good couple of years. Came with a 2 year guarantee so hoping to get 3 to 4 years out of it. 

Edit: used it on a short run this morning. Realised its a lot heavier than my vivoactive. We talking all of 40 grams or so heavier but its noticeable. Again just a matter of getting used to it. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Got my Fenix 6x sapphire yesterday in Dubai. R13500 for the leather strap and normal black strap.

Had the fenix3 for 4 years now and while on Holiday they watch got water into in while snorkelling.

My First watch with HR build in and already liking all the new functions. The watch works well with bluetooth earphones and with build in music storage you don't need your phone with you to listen to tunes.

So the postie came at 08:50 and delivered the F6. I open it slowly and my goodness its a large watch. I thought they had made an error and sent me a 6X by mistake but no, measure it and strues its a normal 6. 

Bear in mind my previous garmin was a vivo 3, this is also my first non touch screen Garmin in 3 years. Fire it all up and everything works as it should, hook it up for some updates. try and set it all up an I kinda miss the touch screen but just a matter of getting used to I spose. Looks rugged enough. Will spend the next couple of days mucking around in the settings and trying to figure it all out. 

Am happy with the screen too. I don't have any history with any Fenix watch in the past. Cant compare and I guess the net full of comparisons by far cleverer ppl than I. Did have a 735 a couple of years ago but this is on another level. 

much manlier looking than my vivoactive, so theres a plus. Will keep this watch for a good couple of years. Came with a 2 year guarantee so hoping to get 3 to 4 years out of it. 

Edit: used it on a short run this morning. Realised its a lot heavier than my vivoactive. We talking all of 40 grams or so heavier but its noticeable. Again just a matter of getting used to it. 

HOW does this post not have pictures!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Those who ordered, which site did you use that delivered to sa?

Side note any timeline for a sa release?

Those who ordered, which site did you use that delivered to sa?

Side note any timeline for a sa release?

Saw Makro advertising so I am sure it is available here already.

LOTS of specials on the 5 and 5X, feel sorry for anybody trying to sell one 2nd hand, value has dropped massively considering the new prices on them now.