[Event] MEDIHELP Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2020

Starchboy

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-2696-0-58125300-1579500207_thumb.jpg

The wind is really here for a while. Those numbers are km/hr and for Somerset West.

More rain next weekend!!!

Well I see there is a cruise ship in the harbour, imagine having paid for a cruise and then being stuck in the harbour for 3  - 4 days

Apparently the wind is so strong there's 2 tugs on the other side of it pushing it into the quay.

Well I see there is a cruise ship in the harbour, imagine having paid for a cruise and then being stuck in the harbour for 3  - 4 days

I do quite a bit of cruising - travel is an exploration - if you cannot "roll with the punches" then best not to cruise.

I am sure international guest (if there are any) are quite enjoying the fact the cruise ship has docked for days - floating hotel - gives them more time to explore Cape town. Good for Cape Town too more "real money' been spent in the area.

Cruising normally only give you a very short glimpse of a place - for experienced cruises having more time at a port is an advantage!

Apparently the wind is so strong there's 2 tugs on the other side of it pushing it into the quay.

Wind on signal hill was average 104km/h, peak at 196km/h at some point (granted its right in the compression zone, so bit higher than on ground).. doubt normal mooring ropes would hold against that ..

I'm just happy we back to normal today here, no wind.  Our garden took a major beating, luckily trees are still upright although missing some branches.  

Is that not the annual "Bokradio" cruise to Swakob or somewhere that is still stuck in the harbour?

If it is, what a bummer. (and then you get guys who moans about cycle races which get cancelled)

I do quite a bit of cruising - travel is an exploration - if you cannot "roll with the punches" then best not to cruise.

I am sure international guest (if there are any) are quite enjoying the fact the cruise ship has docked for days - floating hotel - gives them more time to explore Cape town. Good for Cape Town too more "real money' been spent in the area.

Cruising normally only give you a very short glimpse of a place - for experienced cruises having more time at a port is an advantage!

Think it is a local themed cruise, and after they have boarded I don't think they allow you to disembark again. And can just imagine it is not that much fun on the pool deck

I know it's easy to chirp from the sidelines and when I entered this race I knew full well that there was a better than solid chance that on race morning I'd bail and head for a spinning class instead.

But why would you schedule a race on the weekend that is statistically 2 days away from the windiest day of the year? A 4 second google reveals this.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I know it's easy to chirp from the sidelines and when I entered this race I knew full well that there was a better than solid chance that on race morning I'd bail and head for a spinning class instead.

But why would you schedule a race on the weekend that is statistically 2 days away from the windiest day of the year? A 4 second google reveals this.

At least rumours is that its back to first week in Dec this year.

How did you get a 4sec google search right with the internet problems we having due to the damaged underwater cables? Lol

Hehe. tap tap tap.

post-83454-0-94147300-1579506912_thumb.png

At least rumours is that its back to first week in Dec this year.

I didn't want to sound like a broken record on the date but if that rumour is true I will be very happy!!  :thumbup:

How did you get a 4sec google search right with the internet problems we having due to the damaged underwater cables? Lol

thats why it took 4sec. Normally its, 0.004secs

Benefit of hindsight Duane - every year we have road races in the second half of January, in the past even on the peninsula. First time that I know of that one had to be cancelled

"We" obviously getting soft.