UCI DH World Cup 2020 - 2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Stretch said:

and then there is this...the same on a 120mm hardtail...can you imagine is arms and legs afterwards!

Eish ... ????

8 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

I get nervous just watching that!

The section between the trees really puts into perspective how fast he is going. 

That Atherton bike is nice and silent!

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Not the steepest looking track, but mein gott, 90% is off chamber craziness. RIP left side knobs.

3 hours ago, stefmeister said:

Not the steepest looking track, but mein gott, 90% is off chamber craziness. RIP left side knobs.

Especially with Maxxis tyres!!

On 5/28/2021 at 5:39 PM, Stretch said:

no one gonna beat Nino schurter in that list...but then its a vote system and pinkbike readers are not XC fans really

Dunno about that. I would argue Minaar’s achievements outshine Nino’s. Nino is great, but he still hasn’t matched Absalon’s win record. Greg on the other hand still holds the most wins, most podiums, and over a much longer period of time beating the best of the best in the last 4 or 5 generations of riders. And based on last year’s results he is not slowing down any time soon. Nino may still equal and overtake Absalon’s record this year, but I don’t think he will ever be as dominant as Greg.

Hard to compare apples with pears though...

On 5/28/2021 at 8:39 AM, Stretch said:

no one gonna beat Nino schurter in that list...but then its a vote system and pinkbike readers are not XC fans really

XC to XC Absalon still beats Nino on pure stats 

MTB in General Rachel will Be the Greatest Mountainbiker to ever live for a longggg time 

11 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Dunno about that. I would argue Minaar’s achievements outshine Nino’s. Nino is great, but he still hasn’t matched Absalon’s win record. Greg on the other hand still holds the most wins, most podiums, and over a much longer period of time beating the best of the best in the last 4 or 5 generations of riders. And based on last year’s results he is not slowing down any time soon. Nino may still equal and overtake Absalon’s record this year, but I don’t think he will ever be as dominant as Greg.

Hard to compare apples with pears though...

As has been mentioned.. It was the last decade..2010 to 2020. No one dominated in that period more than nino. Closest was Rachel.. But even there were had Manon, pompon, Tracey etc stealing her thunder temporarily.