UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan's progress suggests he is peaking for world champs....

I'm sure everyone is but he seems to be making more progress everytime he gets on the bike

Edited by DieselnDust

I'm still in 2009

Those days of Freecaster  (which is how Rob Walnut ended up here)

Burry was U23 World Champ

Everyone was riding 26" wheels

How funny was Bart getting hooked on "those wider bars" when commentating on ERs win in the short track. It lasted into the mens race.

HAs win was masterful. Got ahead at just the right time, let the rest bunch up behind, which is counter intuitive and then won the sprint with Nino having to tango with Vader and Co. Worlds are going to be interesting.

I enjoyed seeing how many riders were using dropper posts. The old school straight leg descending technique is starting to stand out. Anne Terpstra, PFP and Avancini made good use of theirs.

But but all the cool 'kids' must have dropper posts even those riding their bikes here in Alberhoughton on the gravel roads ....

Easier to fit in the back of the SUV 

Mocking dropper posts is like mocking hydraulic disc brakes and tubeless.... For an average rider, hands down the best bike tech.

Will they use them next week? Maybe not as the track isn't necessarily 'technical' but if it's wet and wild, I'm pretty sure a few guys will have them as it will allow them to easier get the bike and themselves in good positions for a low centre of gravity and some grip.

I won't ride mtb without a dropper. It's silly. Even on really fast twitchy gravel roads the benefit is still tangible. If I have the option of having that weapon in my arsenal I will have it every time. I'm also not in a position of fitness where 200g influences my performance. My fitness does that for me.

BUT, we aren't good enough to compare ourselves to guys preparing to race world champs. 200g does give them a 0.4% advantage which could be the difference between winning and 3rd.

I just don't like being poked in my butt unless I absolutely have to be

Mocking dropper posts is like mocking hydraulic disc brakes and tubeless.... For an average rider, hands down the best bike tech.

Will they use them next week? Maybe not as the track isn't necessarily 'technical' but if it's wet and wild, I'm pretty sure a few guys will have them as it will allow them to easier get the bike and themselves in good positions for a low centre of gravity and some grip.

I won't ride mtb without a dropper. It's silly. Even on really fast twitchy gravel roads the benefit is still tangible. If I have the option of having that weapon in my arsenal I will have it every time. I'm also not in a position of fitness where 200g influences my performance. My fitness does that for me.

BUT, we aren't good enough to compare ourselves to guys preparing to race world champs. 200g does give them a 0.4% advantage which could be the difference between winning and 3rd.

I just don't like being poked in my butt unless I absolutely have to be

But you saying you would if.....?