Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

Can anyone tell me where all the stickers and things are supposed to go (from the race pack)? The medical info one is obvious, but the other 3 are kind of ambiguous. 

Edit: Figured this out right after posting this and now I feel silly :rolleyes:

Edited by Lucas Swart
found my own answer

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lucas Swart said:

Can anyone tell me where all the stickers and things are supposed to go (from the race pack)? The medical info one is obvious, but the other 3 are kind of ambiguous. 

the medical one I actually didn't think was obvious but then I realised some cats have two numbers (without that specific area for that sticker) and others have only 1 number with that area.

There's one sticker with your number on it to put on the little cardboard that ties on your handlebars and another sticker for actionphotos that you can stick on your helmet to help them id your pics (doubt many people will put it on though :))

just dont forget to stick that medical sticker on there. The person infront of me last year got denied entry at the chute becasue they didnt have it.

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

just dont forget to stick that medical sticker on there. The person infront of me last year got denied entry at the chute becasue they didnt have it.

Any idea where to put the sticker with the elevation charts and distances on it?

7 minutes ago, Lucas Swart said:

Any idea where to put the sticker with the elevation charts and distances on it?

Traditionally on your top tube, but don't, they're nasty to get off. Rather keep it in your pocket if you really care for it. 

21 minutes ago, Jbr said:

the medical one I actually didn't think was obvious but then I realised some cats have two numbers (without that specific area for that sticker) and others have only 1 number with that area.

There's one sticker with your number on it to put on the little cardboard that ties on your handlebars and another sticker for actionphotos that you can stick on your helmet to help them id your pics (doubt many people will put it on though :))

Hence my question from earlier, can you not put it on your handle bars and rather on seat post?

24 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

Hence my question from earlier, can you not put it on your handle bars and rather on seat post?

I’m pretty sure the medical sticker is supposed to go on this thing, which we need to pin to our jerseys.

6C7B2DA3-56B3-476A-9C42-40AFA9D27818.jpeg

31 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

Posted on my seat post the past 5 or 6 years with no issues. It's sole purpose is to be able to identify the rider if there is a crash and the rider is not conscious to be able to identify their own bike. As long as it's visible you will be A for Away

10 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Posted on my seat post the past 5 or 6 years with no issues. It's sole purpose is to be able to identify the rider if there is a crash and the rider is not conscious to be able to identify their own bike. As long as it's visible you will be A for Away

And for Action foto's to ID you if you don't have there sticker on your helmet (You only make that mistake once)

Just now, Karman de Lange said:

And for Action foto's to ID you if you don't have there sticker on your helmet (You only make that mistake once)

I'll share a trick with you.

Put see through stickytape on your helmet and put the helmet sticker on the stickytape. After the race the stickytape peels off and leaves no paper or sticky marks behind.

I'm a bit OCD so I put the sticker upside down, then I cut the strips of stickytape and stick it to the back of the sticker(shiny side obviously) then cut the stickytape around the shape of the sticker and stick the sticker to my helmet. 

40 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I'll share a trick with you.

Put see through stickytape on your helmet and put the helmet sticker on the stickytape. After the race the stickytape peels off and leaves no paper or sticky marks behind.

I'm a bit OCD so I put the sticker upside down, then I cut the strips of stickytape and stick it to the back of the sticker(shiny side obviously) then cut the stickytape around the shape of the sticker and stick the sticker to my helmet. 

No no sir, mild pseudo OCD means you dont even put that thing on your helmet because of a colour/symmetry mismatch