Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, MariusC said:

If anyone is looking for an entry you can send me a PM. I can unfortunately not make it. Covid has screwed me and can barely make 10km now so not going to torture myself

Sorry to hear about this misfortune. Hopefully you can make a full recovery in time for march 2022.

I had it at the beginning of 2021. Took 3 months to feel normal after a 3 week episode with the little cretin.

Start slow and rebuild. regaining health is the first priority????

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Sorry to hear about this misfortune. Hopefully you can make a full recovery in time for march 2022.

I had it at the beginning of 2021. Took 3 months to feel normal after a 3 week episode with the little cretin.

Start slow and rebuild. regaining health is the first priority????

Thanks bud. Taking it very slow for now

10km 3times a week on the trainer and trying to add a little bit every time

20 minutes ago, MariusC said:

If anyone is looking for an entry you can send me a PM. I can unfortunately not make it. Covid has screwed me and can barely make 10km now so not going to torture myself

HI THERE I AM LOOKING FOR AN ENTRY PLEASE

Hi,

I have one Argus 2021 entry available as well as bike transport down and back with Joggies Biketransport.

Message me if interested in this. I am in contact with Gillian at the race office to facilitate the substitution, as it is not yet on their website.

Thanks

Herman 

I see from their social media posts yesterday that its still up in the air if the event goes ahead or not.

Its going to hurt me if they cancel, my flights are non refundable.

31 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I see from their social media posts yesterday that its still up in the air if the event goes ahead or not.

Its going to hurt me if they cancel, my flights are non refundable.

it's not like it was 100% happening when you booked.

it happens - you ride -  cool.

it doesn't - weekend in cape town - cool.

if you can get into the mindset of enjoying what is already a sunk cost then no energy wasted in worrying about it.

10 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

it's not like it was 100% happening when you booked.

it happens - you ride -  cool.

it doesn't - weekend in cape town - cool.

if you can get into the mindset of enjoying what is already a sunk cost then no energy wasted in worrying about it.

I've been trying to look at the alternatives. Best i can think of is if I can move the flights and bike transport to another time.

A rather bad year in sales has left no budget for this, which is why I booked the plane tickets when I did, I didnt want to pay the higher price closer to the time.  It also means I'd rather not spend the money for the weekend down there just because, even though I really really need to get away.

Edit:

Dont get me wrong, I fully understand if it gets cancelled, just really really hoping it doesnt.

Edited by ouzo

2 minutes ago, Roadstorm said:

Level 2 might be on the cards before the CTC T starts. 

correct. we were expecting a family meeting this week but nada.....

I think theres too much other **** going on within the inner workings of gov at the moment. Some ministers seem hell bent on driving the country back to the ox wagon

43 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

correct. we were expecting a family meeting this week but nada.....

I think theres too much other **** going on within the inner workings of gov at the moment. Some ministers seem hell bent on driving the country back to the ox wagon

so what's new? 

2 hours ago, + Ryperd + said:

am in contact with Gillian at the race office to facilitate the substitution, as it is not yet on their website.

Are subs allowed now? It's very hard to work out based on their website and social media...

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

I've been trying to look at the alternatives. Best i can think of is if I can move the flights and bike transport to another time.

A rather bad year in sales has left no budget for this, which is why I booked the plane tickets when I did, I didnt want to pay the higher price closer to the time.  It also means I'd rather not spend the money for the weekend down there just because, even though I really really need to get away.

Edit:

Dont get me wrong, I fully understand if it gets cancelled, just really really hoping it doesnt.

At least your accommodation is flexible!!!!

I'm also potentially looking for an entry. 

Don't have one as yet and with my run being cancelled, I am suddenly very free!

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I'm also potentially looking for an entry. 

Don't have one as yet and with my run being cancelled, I am suddenly very free!

Go enter on the site