Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

So the full Gazetted text regarding exercise reads:

16. (2) a person may only leave their place of residence to-

SNIP

(f)walk, run or cycle between the hours of 06H00 to 09H00, within a five kilometer radius of their place of residence: Provided that this is not done in organised groups.

My take on that: it is reasonable for a family of 4 to go out for a walk, if everyone adheres to the face mask restriction and maintains a proper distance from the other families also out for a walk.

Or would you gals and guys say that it is an organised group? We hardly walk two blocks, so won't get anywhere near the 5km radius limit.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaysus!

Please google the word radius before commenting people. Some of you clearly dropped out of school in grade 2.

If someone drew them that picture i added just up there before they decided they would have made it 500m lol. 5km radius but yet we are not allowed to go shop at stores outside the neighbourhood supposedly...

So the full Gazetted text regarding exercise reads:

16. (2) a person may only leave their place of residence to-

SNIP

(f)walk, run or cycle between the hours of 06H00 to 09H00, within a five kilometer radius of their place of residence: Provided that this is not done in organised groups.

My take on that: it is reasonable for a family of 4 to go out for a walk, if everyone adheres to the face mask restriction and maintains a proper distance from the other families also out for a walk.

Or would you gals and guys say that it is an organised group? We hardly walk two blocks, so won't get anywhere near the 5km radius limit.

I feel that family should not classify as an organised group as let's be realistic, inside or outside, if one of you gets it, odds are the rest are hours behind you. There is only so much socially distancing u can do in the same house

I feel that family should not classify as an organised group as let's be realistic, inside or outside, if one of you gets it, odds are the rest are hours behind you. There is only so much socially distancing u can do in the same house

These rules are not for you, they are to make policable.

Imagine the outcry if families are stopped and asked for ID, birth certificates etc.

As above, these silly rules are for the cops and SANDF.

It is much easier to tell them “leave people alone between 6am and 9am” than for them to try and use their discretion.

That is exactly what they will do imo.

Leave people alone till 9am. Thereafter if they find somebody out and about, they can kataza those individuals.

lets just hope that whoever stops you and questions whether you within your 5km radius actually understands what 5km radius actually means......

Good luck all and enjoy

Just say you live around the corner, promise.