Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I find it rather amusing how people abusing the law knowingly then put themselves as victims of the police whose job is to enforce the said laws... Like that idiot paddling on a bench in muizenberg...

Well, yes and no.

I find it amusing that people think it's ok that we've all (every single South African) been criminalised for walking out our own front doors.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And? She went out and deliberately chose something far away from her residence and hoped she wouldn't get caught out. 

Why shouldn't she have been fined?

What is the gazetted wording for this transgression?

Well, yes and no.

I find it amusing that people think it's ok that we've all (every single South African) been criminalised for walking out our own front doors.

It is ok for most of the modern countries in the world, but somehow a few know-it-all from facebook think South Africa should treat this crisis like Sweden where people are disciplined enough to follow the most basic rules like wearing a mask, when experience showed after 2 days of level 4 that simple thing seems to be an unbearable burden for most people outside between 6 and 9.

You can't think you know better than the rules and only follow the ones that you think are worth it AND expect your government to treat you like a responsible person. That is why I believe both my birth country (France) and now my home country (SA) have no other options than lockdown or a high deathtoll, just because people constantly think the rules don't apply to them or they are too smart to follow them

Edited by Jbr

Well, yes and no.

I don't know how you get people to play by the guidelines. Making it a criminal offence is surely not the holy grail answer. It might work to scare middle class suburbia, but what about the rest? 

There was a Taxi driver that just continued driving people around after receiving his positive test result back, he is apparently being charged with attempted murder or something similar.

Allot of the people in our society are muppets and I don't know how you get them to be more considerate towards the well-being of others. Even if you do decide to use laws, I am unsure how effective that will be.

i do lol.

I ride with utility bill just incase. Not gonna try and explain anything to an over zealous cop or worse.... 

I took a photo of my 5km radius with my phone.

I had a utility bill with me ... which got SOAKED on my second ride ...  :whistling:

It is ok for most of the modern countries in the world, but somehow a few know-it-all from facebook think South Africa should treat this crisis like Sweden where people are disciplined enough to follow the most basic rules like wearing a mask, when experience showed after 2 days of level 4 that simple thing seems to be an unbearable burden for most people outside between 6 and 9.

You can't think you know better than the rules and only follow the ones that you think are worth it AND expect your government to treat you like a responsible person. That is why I believe both my birth country (France) and now my home country (SA) have no other options than lockdown or a high deathtoll, just because people constantly think the rules don't apply to them or they are too smart to follow them

post-64325-0-12272900-1589288308_thumb.jpg

Sigh. That didn't take long.

How is the view up there from your high horse on the moral high ground Myles and JBR?

Let's put it diffently, so tomorrow I get **** faced at a pub, and decide to drive back home. I get caught, spend the night in jail, and then go crying about the cops abusing their powers because they have better things to do, like catching real criminals ? How is that any different ? There is always a worst crime to be commited...

I'm saying this like I'm perfect (from my high horse), but far from it, I drive too fast most of the time, sometimes I text and drive (even though I'm a motorbike rider and a cyclist so most likely to be a victim of that kind of idiots behaviour), and and and.... but the day I get caught doing something illegal, I don't go on and on about how unfair it is... and accuse the cops of abusing their power

So that chick got a 3000R fine for driving from durbanville to the beachfront on a worldwide lockdown ? You expect me to be sorry for her ? to call the policeman a thug ? If the policeman broke her arm for day yes, but if he just fined her, the man did his job

Edited by Jbr

Well, yes and no.

And you forgot to add being told where you can now buy food or goods. My closest Spar has the worst fruit and veg on this planet. So according to "Robocop" I have no choice to pay full price for sub par food that I have a higher chance of getting sick from than licking a public toilet seat 

No regulations can force you to only spend money at your closest store. 

In the case where they want to fine you, take the fine and indicate to the Robotjop he needs to mark "a peal" on the form so you can get a court date. 

Sigh. That didn't take long.

How is the view up there from your high horse on the moral high ground Myles and JBR?

Nah, man. Not a high horse. Just amused that someone is astonished at it all when they deliberately break the guidelines and get caught out. 

EDIT: COCT is a single district. Therefore she was within her rights, in terms of the regulations. No longer amused, now. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Let's put it diffently, so tomorrow I get **** faced at a pub, and decide to drive back home. I get caught, spend the night in jail, and then go crying about the cops abusing their powers because they have better things to do, like catching real criminals ? How is that any different ? There is always a worst crime to be commited...

There is a key difference.

The one is a criminal act and rightfully so.

The other is a normal act that has been criminalized. By criminals. 

Nah, man. Not a high horse. Just amused that someone is astonished at it all when they deliberately break the guidelines and get caught out. 

OT

is the modern equivalent of 'high horse' that setting on your BMW GS that raises or lowers the suspension/ ride height?

I don't own one but i like it on the highest setting. it looks better than a short guy version and therfor more badass.  :whistling: