Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

so NC still good? quick drive to port Nollith and/or Alexander Bay. Essential Business travel.

Pretty sure Elands is NC.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dune-surfing on the mine dumps here in the West Rand!! Eddy said so! ????

Surfing allowed in all provinces except WC, EC and KZN.....

@Duane_Bosch, you'll have to go scout somewhere else to ride on the weekend of the 6th and 7th of June, as I am pretty sure the whole of Cape Town is going to be on the Chapmans run. Jonkershoek and Tygerberg MTB trails will also be overrun.

they did not mention anything specific about distances though...just that exercising may happen any time of day from 1 june.

imo the 5km will stay put. just speculating though....but it could make sense (from their skewed viewpoint)

Then again...those retarded ministers can all still change what 'Phosa said last night. maybe they just ban white monopoly exercise outright ^_^

The restriction of movement of people will been lifted from 1 June. But your second last sentence holds some form of truth to it.

I think the distance thing will be lifter as well as the hours, that's gonna help big time to avoid massive crowds in populated area. I am concerned about that hotspot thing though... we could see the army preventing us from getting out... but it's also a good way to manage contaminations (even if according to recent studies we're probably not the biggest risk of spreading the virus...)

Let's see in a week from now, I find it always surprising that the president addresses the nation first, and then they find a way to make it work instead of first making the rules and then announce them to the nation.

I still don't get the 50pp funerals plus the fact they are considering reopening churches and mosks, but thats off topic !

Agreed, leaving the two normal layers loose to allow the fitting of the filter leads to the inner lay surgically attaching itself to my mouth and nose when a breath is taken. Got used to it out and about, but won’t attempt to use it running/cycling. I see they have a exercise specific one out now. May be a good edition if the mask wearing requirement continues

Exactly, but even though it tends to do that you can still breathe decently through it. They work for a regular ride. I did a climbing session near the beachfront with it on saturday, choked a couple times but it was really not that bad until it got very wet, then the air really doesn't go through anymore. Anyways, yes they are good masks and they look nice, but yes I'm slightly disappointed as I though I was buying sportsmasks. Now I wouldn't mind trying the anatomic but buying 3 of them + shipping...meh... anyone knows if a shop sells them in the tableview area ?

the "hotspots" are pretty clear from images like this....

also...the potential politicising of higher level lockdowns in 'certain' areas are there for all to admire imo.... 

post-64325-0-01465000-1590388724_thumb.png

The restriction of movement of people will been lifted from 1 June. But your second last sentence holds some form of truth to it.

Going to be interesting to see how the final GAZETTED information differs from the official website for Level 3 - https://sacoronavirus.co.za/covid-19-risk-adjusted-strategy/

R. Personal Movement:

1. Interprovincial travel is not permitted except to return to work with proof of employment, in exceptional circumstances such as funerals (with approval) or essential services.

2. Stay at home, other than essential travel for work and to purchase essential goods.

3. No recreational travel or to meet friends or family.

4. Mandatory use of cloth masks (including home-made ones to cover nose and mask) and ensure hand hygiene when in public and at workplace.

5. Emergencies for medical reasons.

6. Those who have an exemption to travel for funerals

7. South Africans returning home and foreign nationals leaving South Africa

8. Elderly and persons with co-morbidities are encouraged to self-isolate and only leave home for exceptional reasons.

9. Social distancing (2m away from other persons) to be applied in public when, shopping, visiting health facilities (pharmacies, clinics etc),

10. Walking, jogging and cycling permitted

11. Social distancing when using public and private transport, as per transport guidelines

12. All public gatherings are prohibited.

13. Stores to ensure that there is temperature screening of patrons, hand sanitisers available and measures to facilitate social distancing. Where the number of customers cannot be accommodated at once then measures such a ticket system and defined limit of time in the store per customer should be implemented instead of the physical queuing of customers.

14. Curfews will be implemented between 8pm and 5am

I am really happy about the time restriction being lifted from 1 June as then during the week we can take the children out late afternoon to walk, run or ride. Mornings were not possible.

It is a huge relief to be able to go out with them.

Working early mornings and getting ready for school, it was weekends only. And then the adults wanted a lie in. So now am grateful that we can go for a walk. I fully intend to drive some distance to do some exercise

so NC still good? quick drive to port Nollith and/or Alexander Bay. Essential Business travel.

COLD !! About 2 sets of tonsils cold !

Must admit, small part of me will miss the 6-9 training slots. Was a nice vibe on the roads filled with loads of people training, felt safer with fewer cars and more people around. Almost every day you would pass, greet& have a quick chat with people you know, 

COLD !! About 2 sets of tonsils cold !

so only jesus-boarding possible then? (stand up paddle boarding) :whistling:   

ads a certain amount of danger to an otherwise pretty boring variant. Falling in means instant hypothermia and/or castration (in male's)

So seeing as this fekking mask wearing shite is going to be with us for a while, have you lot decided which is the best type for heavy exercise? Buffs are no good.

That's just a picture of population density.

It is much more than just that ....

Even within high population areas there are identified "hotspots".

There are MANY large complexes in the Northern suburbs, and yet ONE stands out as a particular hotspot.  By the same token, Kayelitsha is a very large area, and only select areas are shown as hot-spots.

This could be accurate, or merely a reflection of the areas that have been tested ....

The one undeniable FACT - workers at your local shop, fuel station, your office, building sites, etc all come from hot-spots, or at the very least, share a taxi with people from these hot spots.

Time to get serious about hygiene and preventative measures, wherever you go.