PPA urges government to allow cycling under strict lock down conditions

News bot

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UK is one hour and Aus is " in your neighborhood "

no its not restricted. Check your facts please. Only Wales has a restriction. England and Scotland do not. You are allowed one exercise session per day. No time or distance limit. The guideline is to exercise as yo were to maintain your fitness and health. So if you''re used to a 4hr ride per day and you can show that is what you are indeed used to then its allowed. If you're a fat arsed couch potato trying to use cycling as a way to get out of the house for house then you clearly wont last more than an hour to 90min.

In Aus, in your neighborhood is also a guideline and if you're an elite level athlete and used to training 2-3 hrs per day then that's allowed. You're not allowed to cycle from Melbourne to Furn Tree Gully because that's taking the piss

How are they going to control how long or far a person has cycled. If it's a lone cyclist adhering to social distancing, I don't see an issue... We need exercise to have healthy immune systems, let alone mental state. Many "under privileged" demographics use their bicycles to and from work, or get groceries, or even walk. It's their only transport.but because cycling is a hobby /sport to other demographics, we are not permitted to cycle to the store, or to work (I work in pharmaceutical manufacturing)... As long as social distancing is the priority, I'm with the PPA! Safer to be cycling alone, than traveling by taxi, or even walking the isles of a supermarket#PEDALPOWERASSOCIATION

How are they going to control how long or far a person has cycled. If it's a lone cyclist adhering to social distancing, I don't see an issue... We need exercise to have healthy immune systems, let alone mental state. Many "under privileged" demographics use their bicycles to and from work, or get groceries, or even walk. It's their only transport.but because cycling is a hobby /sport to other demographics, we are not permitted to cycle to the store, or to work (I work in pharmaceutical manufacturing)... As long as social distancing is the priority, I'm with the PPA! Safer to be cycling alone, than traveling by taxi, or even walking the isles of a supermarket#PEDALPOWERASSOCIATION

agreed 200%! do any of these government plebs even have any idea about exercise and health, even the minister of health(obese) , had someone right next to her, touching her face, helping her remove her mask. LET ALONE SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY... Im with #PPA

The government.

Is this the same government that's been robbing us blind and destroying every single thing they come into contact with? That government?

Thanks but I'd rather have the PPA put forward suggestions.

My stance is that irrespective of the number of tests done and the true number of positive cases for SA, at the end of the day, the only things that matter are, the number of cases requiring intensive care, and the number of deaths, both of which has not presented itself in the volumes expected and which is not impacted by the amount of tests done since these stats will surface irrespective.

The current reality is probably too good to be true but all previous predictions have been dismissed. I'm staying positive and believe that something unique is happening in SA but we haven't figured it out yet or it simply cannot be explained.

The "something unique" is what I was hoping for when this really started to hit home in SA...will keep hoping...

Use of masks compulsory

Just imagine you are doing altitude training...

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/elevation-training-mask-3-0-c1124301?___store=swh&nosto=frontpage-nosto-1

R1599.90

The TrainingMask 3.0 Performance Breathing Trainer is a cutting edge respiratory conditioning device that will take your workouts and fitness to a whole new level. TrainingMask 3.0 is powered by the revolutionary NXT FORC3 air flow platform which was precision crafted to apply variable levels of load to the respiratory muscles via dial-able air flow adjustment. Performance breathing with the TrainingMask 3.0 makes your respiratory muscles stronger and more efficient; this gives you access to unparalleled workout stamina, endurance, and recovery. Defeat training fatigue and stay stronger longer with the TrainingMask 3.0.

post-27827-0-23236100-1588058180_thumb.jpg

I love how everyone assumes the entire country will be lowering to level 4. It was stated that the lowering of restrictions was all dependent on the numbers and right now, the numbers are the highest ever.

KZN, JHB and WC, good luck! EC and FS will probably get level 4. The other provinces in my opinion should lower to level 3 or less considering there are some provinces with single digit cases.

I'm hoping for the best but I don't think anyone with be out riding this weekend.

Do you think the hi-jackers are going to adhere to the goverment rules?

I love how everyone assumes the entire country will be lowering to level 4. It was stated that the lowering of restrictions was all dependent on the numbers and right now, the numbers are the highest ever.

KZN, JHB and WC, good luck! EC and FS will probably get level 4. The other provinces in my opinion should lower to level 3 or less considering there are some provinces with single digit cases.

I'm hoping for the best but I don't think anyone with be out riding this weekend.

Number of infections, you need to subtract the number of people recovered and thus the current infected number is 3,230

To me that is a dumb idea. If you and one other person is riding on a farm road why must you wear a mask if no one is around?

Because you know, sheeple say "The Virus"