PPA urges government to allow cycling under strict lock down conditions

News bot

French pros should be allowed to train outdoors from May 11. Italy should be allowing training outdoors from May 4th.

Evil draconian South African government doing pretty much the same thing as many 1st world governments...

In other boring news: Going by number of hours, this month has been my most productive of the year so far. I might just come out of lockdown being more fit than I was at the Argust! Thankfully we are able to work from home.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guys is really taking the lockdown personal thinking that it's an unnecessary step from the government to punish them. Everybody is agreeing that it is devastating to our economy, its a huge inconvenience and we will feel the impact for years to come. You are not alone and everyone is suffering.

Point is, doesn't matter what solution or plan you think you have it's been thought over by real experts. If you don't realize the seriousness of this disease and it's potential to kill literally hundreds of thousands of people you are an ignorant, selfish chop. A life is a life doesn't matter if you are 30 years old or 80 and if you have TB or HIV. It's our younger and fitter people's responsibly to give the older and not so healthy people a fighting chance. Nobody is expected you to fight it out in the trenches, just stay at your bloody house.

Some guys is really taking the lockdown personal thinking that it's an unnecessary step from the government to punish them. Everybody is agreeing that it is devastating to our economy, its a huge inconvenience and we will feel the impact for years to come. You are not alone and everyone is suffering.

Point is, doesn't matter what solution or plan you think you have it's been thought over by real experts. If you don't realize the seriousness of this disease and it's potential to kill literally hundreds of thousands of people you are an ignorant, selfish chop. A life is a life doesn't matter if you are 30 years old or 80 and if you have TB or HIV. It's our younger and fitter people's responsibly to give the older and not so healthy people a fighting chance. Nobody is expected you to fight it out in the trenches, just stay at your bloody house.

Many of us understand exactly what you are saying but some may well be asking and eat what?

Many of us understand exactly what you are saying but some may well be asking and eat what?

The irony is that the people that is genuinely struggling to provide food for their families is not the one's that is complaining.

So keen for Chappies on Friday!!!

If Chappies is not too far from your place of residence you might perhaps be allowed to walk your dog up there on Friday. Maybe not all the way to the top though. 

Hi there Chris

Patrick and the committee have been discussing this as it isn't straightforward. We need land owners' permission first and we will only find out the status of cycling in general on Friday. The trails will also  need to be recced to check for damage - hospital visits are best avoided. We will however be communicating to members as soon as we have information.

Thanks for the feedback.

Truth be told .... I will watch those trails from a very long distance when they open .... no use all this "self isolation" to join one long convoy of riders along the trails ....

with any luck the locals would have had their first runs on the trails by the time I can go outside the initial 20km range ....

French pros should be allowed to train outdoors from May 11. Italy should be allowing training outdoors from May 4th.

Evil draconian South African government doing pretty much the same thing as many 1st world governments...

In other boring news: Going by number of hours, this month has been my most productive of the year so far. I might just come out of lockdown being more fit than I was at the Argust! Thankfully we are able to work from home.

Today is day 49 of lockdown for myself and have until the 10 May to go, however, Spain announced 2 May we can excercise but waiting on what that entails but Pros are allowed to go train.

The difference is those 3 countries are 2 months ahead of SA in terms of virus. I dont see anyone in SA riding outdoors this weekend or during Level 4. I would like to be proved wrong and people can enjoy themselves but I cant see it for so many reasons.

PPA / CSA have a noble effort but have no say in who cycles and who doesn't during this period.

I think many have read what they want to happen vs what is possibly going to happen. 

My .003c 

Edited by J Wakefield

Today is day 40 of lockdown for myself and have until the 10 May to go, however, Spain announced 2 May we can excercise but waiting on what that entails but Pros are allowed to go train.

The difference is those 3 countries are 2 months ahead of SA in terms of virus. I dont see anyone in SA riding outdoors this weekend or during Level 4. I would like to be proved wrong and people can enjoy themselves but I cant see it for so many reasons.

PPA / CSA have a noble effort but have no say in who cycles and who doesn't during this period.

I think many have read what they want to happen vs what is possibly going to happen. 

My .003c 

Spain has 236 199 cases and 23521 deaths. 

SA has 4500 cases and 87 deaths

I dont think we can be compared to Spain, nor should we.

Spain has 236 199 cases and 23521 deaths. 

SA has 4500 cases and 87 deaths

I dont think we can be compared to Spain, nor should we.

SA hasnt hit their peak yet, Spain / Italy / France have started to settle post peak. 

SA hasnt hit their peak yet, Spain / Italy / France have started to settle post peak. 

these look the same to me

Spain goes up - down - up - down and so does SA

Spain

post-31289-0-58670100-1587990560_thumb.png

SA

post-31289-0-56740200-1587990554_thumb.png