Replacement Saddle

Parma

Hello All,

What is good replacement saddle for a Fizik Aliante (Bull) VSX?

Regards

Clinton

I will stop this in it's tracks and say 'Buy  Power Saddle'.

Close the thread.

It's a pleasure.............

have you been under a rock or what?....its the knock off version of the power saddle now. the Ryder Force lol. get with the times man...

OP: as Jewbacca mentioned. You will probably get alot of that as an answer because it generally is a nice saddle...but don't pay for the specialized one...get the ryder one instead for 1/4 of the price. it's an exact copy. it might work for you...it might not. alot of people like it.  

https://www.rydercycling.co.za/ryder-products/saddles/swift-2-0-saddle-324-detail

Coming off the aliante, the Romin Evo is likely a better match. Go as wide as you can, or at least one width wider than the assometer recommends. The short stubby nose of the power/spez rip off is not the best thing ever, especially for the road, in my opinion. But saddles are the most opion related things ever anyway.

If you like the aliante, the romin at the right width will be amazing.

I’ll see whatever the peeps above said, and raise you a Spez Phenom.

had an aliante, and it really is a great saddle, but pales in comparison to the phenom.

I stopped using chamois cream when I started using the phenom.

Edited by RocknRolla

Farr Saddle. Tell your ass I say its a pleasure.

Listen to the fat one, he knows of what he speaks

I'm using the (wide) 155mm power saddle on the tandem, and you sit hard on that saddle when tandem riding. unbeatable.

Tend to use lighter and harder saddles on my other bikes, but those are less demanding saddle roles seeing as you do a lot more standing and freewheeling on a single rider steed.

Hold your horsies  :whistling:. A saddle is a very specific item on the bike, it's not like a pair of wheels, what will work for one of us may not necessarily work for the next person.

So my suggestion: 

• Try some alternatives, ask around and borrow some saddles which appeals to you.
  • Go for a saddle fitment (LCC - Lynnwood Cyclery) 
  • For which discipline do you want to use it?   

I have tried and tested the following saddles in the past and here's my opinion of it: 

• Fizik Gobi - Chinese anal torture device
  • Sella Italia cheapy - not worth mentioning
  • Specialized Romin - more for road riding, very hard, narrow and quite long
  • Specialized Power - quite a wide "lovers groove" and I found this one quite uncomfortable for mtbing - I had 2 in the past. This is also more for road and I have confirmed it with LCC.
  • Specialized Phenom - I've probably had 5-6 over the past few years and this one does not give me any issues. Also pair this with a good bib / short

I have heard that the WTB volt is more comfortable than the Phenom (heard this from an old Phenom user - I have not tried this saddle before)

Hold your horsies  :whistling:. A saddle is a very specific item on the bike, it's not like a pair of wheels, what will work for one of us may not necessarily work for the next person.

So my suggestion: 

• Try some alternatives, ask around and borrow some saddles which appeals to you.

I have tried and tested the following saddles in the past and here's my opinion of it: 

• Specialized Power - quite a wide "lovers groove" and I found this one quite uncomfortable for mtbing - I had 2 in the past. This is also more for road and I have confirmed it with LCC.
  • Specialized Phenom - I've probably had 5-6 over the past few years and this one does not give me any issues. Also pair this with a good bib / short

I have heard that the WTB volt is more comfortable than the Phenom (heard this from an old Phenom user - I have not tried this saddle before)

I agree wholeheartedly on the saddle fitment.

I had the Ryder Force for a while, but I started to develop some niggles. 

I bit the bullet and went for a bike and saddle fit - turned out that my saddle was too narrow.

Got the Phenom and haven't looked back since.

So my suggestion: 

I went for a bike fit, got my settings sorted and my distances started increasing ....

Few months down the line I started getting a "numb feeling" after long rides.  I went back to Irma.  

Same saddle width, minimal tweaks to the bike setup .... but still just not feeling right in the saddle, nasty little pressure point.

She opened a drawer and took out a saddle, and I checked the "feel" .... pressure point had moved a bit, still not "right".

Second saddle ....

Third saddle ....

And then she fitted the RIGHT saddle.  From the first moment it just felt RIGHT.  Done some decent rides since then, and no more saddle issues.

So YES, what works for one may not work for the next.

PS - turns out my bum likes the Ryder saddle ...  And I had NO idea what brands she was fitting, nor prices.  Proper blind study, judging the saddles purely on "feel".

I prefer a full pure carbon saddle. No foam cushion, leather, plastic, anything. It just takes getting used to.