CWC selling used components as new

Odin775

CWC taking the term "BRAND NEW" to another level

Yoh i'd be proper upset.

My order arrived within 3 weeks after ordering during lockdown and i haven't even taken them out the box yet.

best you check

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well their service has always been OK not great and not completely s#&t.

Last week I went there for a warranty claim and was told I needed to take it to the workshop to have them check it out. No problem go to the back only to be told I need to book it in also no problem.

Made a booking for Monday and dropped it off Monday morning early got the little booked in sticker cool.

Tuesday I get a call asking me why I didn't bring my bike in on Monday as my appointment.... Short while later I get a sms bike is done.

Drive back get a invoice for something I didn't ask and was most definitely not needed but thinking OK if they say its sorted and tested.

Get out side as I put my foot on the crank before even properly on the bike I noticed the issue still there. Back to workshop asking about the warranty claim and then being told I never said anything about a warranty claim and that there was other issues that's what the invoice is for... So I was told it should be solved by the weekend so let's see.

Well their service has always been OK not great and not completely s#&t.

Last week I went there for a warranty claim and was told I needed to take it to the workshop to have them check it out. No problem go to the back only to be told I need to book it in also no problem.

Made a booking for Monday and dropped it off Monday morning early got the little booked in sticker cool.

Tuesday I get a call asking me why I didn't bring my bike in on Monday as my appointment.... Short while later I get a sms bike is done.

Drive back get a invoice for something I didn't ask and was most definitely not needed but thinking OK if they say its sorted and tested.

Get out side as I put my foot on the crank before even properly on the bike I noticed the issue still there. Back to workshop asking about the warranty claim and then being told I never said anything about a warranty claim and that there was other issues that's what the invoice is for... So I was told it should be solved by the weekend so let's see.

Respect for your patience sir. I would've flipped long before getting invoiced for something i didn't ask for which i definitely wouldn't of paid for!

Respect for your patience sir. I would've flipped long before getting invoiced for something i didn't ask for which i definitely wouldn't of paid for!

I am trying to keep my stress levels down and be calm and giving them the benefit of the doubt till the weekend.

Shoo! I shouldn't be surprised after reading so many complaints on the hub but to a certain degree I actually am. Whilst I've visited and shopped from the store on numerous occasions I suppose one can put up with not being greeted or offered service by staff who are literally a few meters from you, not receiving a quote from a guy who on so many occasions you have left your details with and have asked on so many occasions to get you a price on the items you need and want, but to put up with this sort of service is just totally unacceptable! Shame on you CWC, things need to change within your organisation soon and very soon, or it certainly won't survive in these unprecedented times we're in.

That's when the pads gave been bedded in for you...

lol... if you think about that "annoying" first month with a new bike when everything stretches, beds in, slips and creeks a bit, small setup adjustments every time you ride, first 50 ish  hour fork service etc etc and you have to basically do a 'full service' on the bike even before it got properly dirty....it sortof makes sense that something can be "better than new" ^_^

edit: also...going by how some bikes are assembled and sent out these days you are probably better off taking it apart and putting it back together again, checking all the nuts and bolts and newton meters and play and threadlock and grease and carbon paste and chain lube....   

Edited by morneS555

I had the same issues with Chain Reaction cycles and stopped using them.

They told me that they had stripped a demo bike and that parts were new. :eek:

I am trying to keep my stress levels down and be calm and giving them the benefit of the doubt till the weekend.

Yeah naa, I would be throwing a wobbly at this stage. Unfortunately it seems that the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil in those situations.

I think it was back in like 2006 or 2007 I went and purchased a pair of Mavic ES wheels. Got home, took them out the wheel bags and saw they were used. Great condition none the less but used and not new as sold by.

Went back, small back and forth about them being new vs used as marks were evident but were told the warranty is still in place. That was great but I wanted a new pair and got a new set swopped out. 

Maybe a genuine mistake, I cant argue that part but walked out with what I paid. 

I got some assos bibs with a security tag still attached.

Was rectified quickly though

+1 on me for this one - I ended up having to take a walk to a clothing retailer and ask them to take it off as CWC is 40mins away from me. Weird how something can still be packaged with one of those huge tags on  :wacko:

I used CWC because it was convenient - but things have changed

I see it as a warehousing issue and then their comms on back up are almost non existent.

You get returns and mistakes but these should be sorted as they come in before being put back on the shelf

recently,

120 stem in a 100 box, clearly repackaged - sorted quite quickly

entry level stem when I'd paid for the premium version - also sorted quite quickly

and latest, a shimano freehub in the campagnolo box - no response, gave up

They've lost me as this is becoming way too frequent.  **

**unless something is so cheap I can't resist