Tour de France 2021

gummibear

33 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

He has “2 dots” on his unit that keeps him occupied at random times. Guys use them during long training days 

More like 2 dots on a map, of his competitors, disappearing behind him...

That's interesting, I'll look it up. 

What a week Mr Wakefield! High 5s all round. Utter domination. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Hahaha, no honestly there is nothing on his unit. I was just having a take the piss moment here. PC8's dont have maps so you cant even see the info above. 

1 hour ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Wonder how many riders abandoned today and how any will miss the time cut. Seeing riders like Stevie K coming in 31 minutes down. Brutal day. Cav' has 5 minutes to make it in at the moment. 

I see Cav made it with just under 2mins to spare, Arnaud Demare however missed the cut. If there are enough riders who missed the cut, the jury may just extend the cut off.

Maincheese up to 19th on GC, Can't find any news where Nic and Stefan both finished. 

33 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I see Cav made it with just under 2mins to spare, Arnaud Demare however missed the cut. If there are enough riders who missed the cut, the jury may just extend the cut off.

Maincheese up to 19th on GC, Can't find any news where Nic and Stefan both finished. 

I'm heartbroken. Here is the OTL list

Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 19.45.56.png

24 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I'm heartbroken. Here is the OTL list 

0?ui=2&ik=912faa1675&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1704375054310066871&th=17a72814ec304ab7&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ84EK7ejXFBX2ILlP41EV9M9Lpkc5AlgIt-B3ISvPbRSHZiNfE1Ipowsdz2z5dKUVWEmF_Hha9hPd7eb1xyBtEHBY6Tx85HPgqvl3ukBegpz2ziRfmg0sgSkc4&disp=emb

Positive side, both Nic and Stephen can now prepare for Olimpics.

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

46 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Hahaha, no honestly there is nothing on his unit. I was just having a take the piss moment here. PC8's dont have maps so you cant even see the info above. 

Just the route profile on his bars.image.png.85717a2f63e20d694878a249d0c50c67.png

16 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Is it just me or is this edition of the TDF being raced in a completely out-of-control manner thus far? 

It has a Giro-with-added-gunpowder feel to it?! 

I had the same thought today. It's been full gas for 9 stages.

Gonna be some late sleepers tomorrow!

24 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Is it just me or is this edition of the TDF being raced in a completely out-of-control manner thus far? 

It has a Giro-with-added-gunpowder feel to it?! 

Interesting listening to Lance Armstrong's webcast -

got some gurus on the show and they reckon it may be down to the size of the teams. They not as large as they used to be and once you have lost 2-3 guys to accidents, one can't dominate the pelaton like they used too. So everyone just goes for it.

2 hours ago, dsw said:

A sprinter coming third on a mountaintop finish.

Unheard of, luckily he is also not riding for SKY.

Don't want to take anything away from Colbrelli, but does this not say something about the pace that UAE were setting on the climbs? Even when Ineos were in front today and Gee was trying to pull, they weren't really tearing things up. In the old days of the old Sky/Ineos train, or even the TJV train last year, no one who wasn't an in form top tier climber was hanging on. 

Not taking anything away from Pogacar, but I don't think he's competing against the strongest field this year, and no one seems to have the team to really expose him. 

2 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Don't want to take anything away from Colbrelli, but does this not say something about the pace that UAE were setting on the climbs? Even when Ineos were in front today and Gee was trying to pull, they weren't really tearing things up. In the old days of the old Sky/Ineos train, or even the TJV train last year, no one who wasn't an in form top tier climber was hanging on. 

Not taking anything away from Pogacar, but I don't think he's competing against the strongest field this year, and no one seems to have the team to really expose him. 

I would be keen to see numbers,stats I thinks is just Full pace every day, maybe I’m getting old but I don’t remember everyone going baalztothewall everyday, destroying each other????????‍♂️????????‍♂️

seems no one is saving gas 

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

If there are enough riders who missed the cut, the jury may just extend the cut off.

I heard Matt White (Bike Exchange DS) talking on a podcast, and he said that they slightly relaxed the time cut limits this year, but now there's no exceptions. If you're outside the limit, you're out. Apparently in years past, guys were abusing the "big group leniency", so the organizers put their foot down. 

But thats all just talk. If Cav and 80 riders are OTL, it'll be a big move to kick them all off the tour. 

23 minutes ago, Baracuda said:

Interesting listening to Lance Armstrong's webcast -

got some gurus on the show and they reckon it may be down to the size of the teams. They not as large as they used to be and once you have lost 2-3 guys to accidents, one can't dominate the pelaton like they used too. So everyone just goes for it.

Probably also the effect of the teams being a bit more balanced in power, and no team being able to completely shut things down on the last few stages. Also the effect of Pogacar being the strongest rider, but his team not being as dominant, and not having a Luke Rowe/Panzerwagon/Declerqc that can ride a high tempo on the front all day and control things. And also Alpecin was also in yellow for a few days, but they made no real  attempt to control the race like the leader's team normally does because MVDP wasn't following the script and was sommer getting into the break himself. 

Makes for great viewing, but probably exhausting for the riders to spend 70km going balls to the wall waiting for a break to get away. 

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

I as about to ask what special model of PC8 do you guys have that has a fancy screen. Rock solid head unit though. They should offer some help to Garmin