Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

5 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

Entries are also limited to 22,500, at least its an increase from this year, need some bunches to hide in next year

I rather enjoyed having less people on the road, should hopefully be seeded better next year though. 

But if there is wind about the extra people on the road help.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

There are too many. Even club 21 is getting quite big.

would have been number 22 for me this year if I did not skip any, alas I'm only on 17

Just now, Pure Savage said:

When will the entries to the Oct 2022 edition?

It was a very nice time to be in CTN TBH and i was thinking its probably a better time of year IMO as the country is green at the end of the rains. But it could also have been wet and windy like at Epic.

4 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

It was a very nice time to be in CTN TBH and i was thinking its probably a better time of year IMO as the country is green at the end of the rains. But it could also have been wet and windy like at Epic.

I think we got very lucky with a perfect window in the weather for that weekend.

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I think we got very lucky with a perfect window in the weather for that weekend.

No reason why they cannot have 2 mass participation rides per year. Make one the big bad boy in March, then October another one, maybe it goes over Ou Kaapse, maybe it goes up signal hill? 

1 minute ago, Pure Savage said:

No reason why they cannot have 2 mass participation rides per year. Make one the big bad boy in March, then October another one, maybe it goes over Ou Kaapse, maybe it goes up signal hill? 

Nay master dis nou n *** idee daai. Not the events idea - like that, but the route.

I swore after the detours with the fires that i wouldn't ride Ou Kaapse again - thats a really hard core haul back in to town if you are chasing time. I reckon its quite a bit tougher than Suikerbossie and Chappies.  

Can you imagine the descent off Signal Hill? You would be collecting noob riders out of hedges and fences?

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Cost is getting steeper, but I will enter.

I see they no longer give priority to the 10 or more club.

Push through to 21......

4 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Push through to 21......

I'm not stopping at 21!

has this discussion with my folks the other day when I picked them up from the airport. 

We were chatting about my race, my mom chirps "So are you going to get to 20 and then stop" , my reply "heck no, I'm going to be that 80+ year old that still rides CTCT every year"

49 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

It was very different to see the countryside driving down looking so green, while the Free state looks still very much like our farmers favourite colour shirts

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

took me 3 years of cycling to finally do my 1st CTCT, and now I'll do two in less than 6 months ????

it does feel rather strange to have them so close together, also having CTCT a month away from 947 feels strange.

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

it does feel rather strange to have them so close together, also having CTCT a month away from 947 feels strange.

I feel so lucky to have dodged all the crashes in october, I'm a bit nervous about march now :D

@Sid the Sloththis one is yours, if I still see you on the other side of little chappies I'll consider my race a success ????

Edited by Jbr