Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

1 hour ago, Pure Savage said:

No reason why they cannot have 2 mass participation rides per year. Make one the big bad boy in March, then October another one, maybe it goes over Ou Kaapse, maybe it goes up signal hill? 

I love Oukaapse weg - if I'm elected mayor on Monday I will make a cycle path from the noordhoek side next to the road on both sides of the road so that we're not dealing with muppets close passing us as we dodge all the glass on the ascent or the cars crawling past 1m away from our knees at 70kmph only to brake on the corner and slow us down. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mamil said:

I love Oukaapse weg - if I'm elected mayor on Monday I will make a cycle path from the noordhoek side next to the road on both sides of the road so that we're not dealing with muppets close passing us as we dodge all the glass on the ascent or the cars crawling past 1m away from our knees at 70kmph only to brake on the corner and slow us down. 

I would like to try it in a fitter state one day. the times I did it with CTCT I was not fit so it was 9km of french lessons

Finish with the glen to the end of taffelberg road would be so so amazing. Problem is then we would need to leave our mountain bikes at the top the day before to evacuate the finish area while other guys are racing up taffelberg (same problem with signal hill)

Edited by Jbr

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

I feel so lucky to have dodged all the crashes in october, I'm a bit nervous about march now :D

@Sid the Sloththis one is yours, if I still see you on the other side of little chappies I'll consider my race a success ????

I am sooooo keen for March. Looking forward to redemption for this one... Who tf crashes on Ladies Mile... it is the straightest least bumpy road. 

Chappies is my interval spot now practicing as a launch pad for next year lol

51 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Finish with the glen to the end of taffelberg road would be so so amazing. Problem is then we would need to leave our mountain bikes at the top the day before to evacuate the finish area while other guys are racing up taffelberg (same problem with signal hill)

The groups are not going to be coming up 4 wide, it will be strung out after the Glen. You could get by with a single lane up signal hill. then neutral down kloof.

13 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I am sooooo keen for March. Looking forward to redemption for this one... Who tf crashes on Ladies Mile... it is the straightest least bumpy road. 

Chappies is my interval spot now practicing as a launch pad for next year lol

One has to be quite special to crash on ladies mile while participating In CTCT because it's not even part of the route!!!????

13 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

One has to be quite special to crash on ladies mile while participating In CTCT because it's not even part of the route!!!????

fair... I should have specified better - on Simon Van Der Stel freeway between the Alphen offramp and the Kendal offramp. I should know because I used to live in a house backing onto Kendal road! Haha

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Next you will suggest it starts at UCT and does an offroad lap around Tafelberg mtb trails and is followed by 7 other stages around the Western Cape... Damn mtb riders

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

took me 3 years of cycling to finally do my 1st CTCT, and now I'll do two in less than 6 months ????

Fastest first time for non pro maybe? 

38 minutes ago, babse said:

Fastest first time for non pro maybe? 

What do you mean non pro ? ????

5 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

The groups are not going to be coming up 4 wide, it will be strung out after the Glen. You could get by with a single lane up signal hill. then neutral down kloof.

This would work. Like the boland 100 finish... All those okes whizzing down the hill while I crept up it and resisted the urge to say "fvkit" and pull a zwift style u turn 

31 minutes ago, Mamil said:

This would work. Like the boland 100 finish... All those okes whizzing down the hill while I crept up it and resisted the urge to say "fvkit" and pull a zwift style u turn 

Yes but the 100 miler had groups of 20 not quite like CTCT ????

8 hours ago, ouzo said:

I'm not stopping at 21!

has this discussion with my folks the other day when I picked them up from the airport. 

We were chatting about my race, my mom chirps "So are you going to get to 20 and then stop" , my reply "heck no, I'm going to be that 80+ year old that still rides CTCT every year"

My aunt did number 21 this year at 69 years old and when we asked if it is her last she just gave us her trademark devastating look. She is looking at entering very early next week. Let the savings begin!

28 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

Entered

Any ideas when seeding is availaible and what weather will be?

Lekker man, I thought it only opened at 13h00? 

I must let my toppie know to log in now.