Tour de France 2022

'Dale

3 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Top 10 at the Tour trumps any Polka jersey. 

UCI agrees.

KOM winner gets 120 UCI points

12 place on GC gets 125.

Meintjes has two 8th places when he was younger, BUT a lot of the guys top5 from that froome era showed young promise and never kicked on further. Uran 2nd, Bardet multiple, even Nairo et al.

If LM can inch into 5th or 6th in this peleton it would far outweight those previous performances.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Yoh, this pic by Jered Gruber of yesterday’s victor in Hugo Houle makes me want to go train, hey. 🥰

Today is forecasted to be a cooler 25 degrees with some cloud cover. The peloton will welcome this relatively easier conditions to climb in.

We can expect another breakaway win today as the GC battle will be far more tactical. My head says that an Ineos ambush may be likely today. My heart hopes that Uràn Uràn can outclimb everyone today.

84221D73-C558-42DA-8751-05FAE45F8CA9.jpeg

Have an inkling that Froome Dawg might go in the break?

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

UCI agrees.

KOM winner gets 120 UCI points

12 place on GC gets 125.

Meintjes has two 8th places when he was younger, BUT a lot of the guys top5 from that froome era showed young promise and never kicked on further. Uran 2nd, Bardet multiple, even Nairo et al.

If LM can inch into 5th or 6th in this peleton it would far outweight those previous performances.

so let me rewind quickly to what was said previously...a top 8 a few years ago are good for a top 12-15th...

so a top 7 now is about standing on the top step a few years ago...Louis!!!!

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

not only just that, the commentators even have his name right

I've sent a tweet, more than once, to a number of commentators (those that were on Twitter), back in those 8th position years, to tell them how to pronounce his surname. Only Matt Keenan and Dan Lloyd responded. 

I'd be content if Louis just plays it clever today and tomorrow, stick to the main GC pack. Some of the other riders are going to pop, so by playing conservatively, he will gain another spot or two.

Then we keep fingers crossed for the ITT.

Go Louis!

Unfortunate for Pog:

Rafal Majka is out of the race

13:10

One less team-mate for Tadej Pogacar: Rafal Majka is a non-starter. "Hsustained a strain injury to his thigh after some mechanical trouble on stage 16 when his chain broke", his team doctor communicated. "This resulted in a high-grade partial thickness tear of his right quadriceps muscle, and unfortunately due to the muscle damage is unable to ride."

9 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Myntjies not MainCheeze not Mandjies

I’m an optimist and I did not see another significant performance by Louis in a Grand Tour coming, not to mention the Tour de France. Welgedaan, Bruuuu. 

IMHO it shows the fantastic environment at IWGM.

They have been one of the most noticeable teams on the road this year, had a fantastic Classics run and have been big protagonists in some really good racing.

19 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Myntjies not MainCheeze not Mandjies

I’m an optimist and I did not see another significant performance by Louis in a Grand Tour coming, not to mention the Tour de France. Welgedaan, Bruuuu. 

He had Mexican heritage for a while when he was 'Menkez

10 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Unfortunate for Pog:

Rafal Majka is out of the race

13:10

One less team-mate for Tadej Pogacar: Rafal Majka is a non-starter. "Hsustained a strain injury to his thigh after some mechanical trouble on stage 16 when his chain broke", his team doctor communicated. "This resulted in a high-grade partial thickness tear of his right quadriceps muscle, and unfortunately due to the muscle damage is unable to ride."

For some teams, this is becoming a case of 'Last Man Standing' 

image.png.cedca79bf6fe158eab4ad89e74bc1817.png

image.png.39b3211cfdd1f9a12a48759e04d4d094.png

2 minutes ago, splat said:

For some teams, this is becoming a case of 'Last Man Standing' 

image.png.cedca79bf6fe158eab4ad89e74bc1817.png

image.png.39b3211cfdd1f9a12a48759e04d4d094.png

And then you get Ineos, with a full compliment, yet unable to capitalize:

image.png.744b448da28ddcd6074e0eda3e5df7c4.png

2 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Have an inkling that Froome Dawg might go in the break?

As I read this I heard the commentator saying "and Froome goes off the front". 👍