Tour de France 2022

'Dale

On 6/17/2022 at 6:49 PM, 'Dale said:

I see a new Giant Propel was spotted just now. And the 'prototipe' Colnago. And this innovation at a recent race in Frankryk. Also, notice the no-longer curved top too, now straight as a arrow. Aesthethically, not too sexy. But gains, hey, gains.

Pic: Getty Images

spacer.png

you're right, those aero socks are the best kept secret in the Pro Tour. Pity abut the TREK

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team doctors and performance directors will be grinding hard over medical data, quarantine requirements and all things involving 'biosecure bubbles' and logistics therein. When staying gogga-free is as important as periodisation, hey. Yoh.

9 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Very strong team !  Strong enough? we will have to wait and see.

Edit:  Clearly Sepp Kuss was not one of the covid positives @ Tour de Suisse.  Good to see him in the squad, PR and JV are going to need him in the mountains.

Edited by TheoG

On 11/9/2021 at 6:55 AM, Vetplant said:

No obvious place to put this, so I'll put it here.

The pro's are just on another level. Imagine these rockets flying past you on those climbs in Kyalami on 947.

Hectic - thanks for that - really puts their level of fitness and strength into perspective.

32 minutes ago, splat said:

That's a solid line up and makes me thing of this clip

Add it up! One of the greatest albums ever released.

They take all their equipment on the bus......

I remember my life being a whole lot more complete when they toured SA and we went to watch them churn pout their playlist, including Country Death song. Ah.... I may just have to revisit some hippie rock this afternoon!

That JV team is strong, but pretty 'all round' if that makes sense? Only Roglic, Vengagard and Kuss and an aging Kruijswijk being recognised climbers. 

The inclusion of Laporte shows that there is support for WvA in his bid for the green jersey. 

Bring on the racing!

I'm slightly surprised in them leaving Rohan Dennis out. Less controlling to be done by them on the flatter stages, Wout will be tasked with babysitting the GC okes like a hawk in the first week.

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I'm slightly surprised in them leaving Rohan Dennis out. Less controlling to be done by them on the flatter stages, Wout will be tasked with babysitting the GC okes like a hawk in the first week.

Was probably between Van Hooydonck and Dennis or covid having a say in the team.

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

I think Nathan van Hooydonck fills that role and has a good relationship with cobbles. Less experience obviously, but a big unit, handy in the ITT and enjoys a good rolling classics stage or two. 

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Last time I can remember a team using their numerical superiority, other than in a train riding tempo/threshold up a climb, was Carlos Sastre riding away from he own team and Cuddles; while CE was watching/marking the two Schlecks (2008). 49 seconds back after 16 stages, he (Sastre) went away on stage 17, gained time and held onto the Maillot Jaune to Paris.

• How good would it be if JV used their riders to do a few 1-2s on Pog?
  • How good would it be if Pog reacts and rides away from them all?

One can always dream.

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I'm not a fan of the jersey....🤔

I like it!

I also like WvA's Belgiun flavoured fork/head tube against the standard yellow.

3 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Won't be winning yellow this team, not even sure they will stay with Ineos. 

1 minute ago, jcza said:

Won't be winning yellow this team, not even sure they will stay with Ineos. 

Who from Ineos is going to lead?

Geraint? 

36 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I like it!

I also like WvA's Belgiun flavoured fork/head tube against the standard yellow.

Agreed, I like the shirt. Very busy though.