Tour de France 2022

'Dale

YOH!

It's like they took my bucket list and chucked them all into the tour. 

Telegraph

Galibier

Croix de Fer

Alp d Huez

Aspin

Peyragudes

Aubisque

Hautacam

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Vetplant said:

No obvious place to put this, so I'll put it here.

The pro's are just on another level. Imagine these rockets flying past you on those climbs in Kyalami on 947.

Looks like some people on their second lap of the 947 going up a few of Jozi's uphills with the fun riders in lumo green.

Some info:

Kit: You have to ride in team kit as long as you being paid by that team regardless of if you moving on the following year. As long as a contract is valid you wear the clothes.

The Bike: Often you can ride the new teams bike if you moving on, however, you need put in a request and get clearance from the current team to do so. Often they do say yes and you return your team bike and ride the new bike (spez in this case) in your teams kit. This is no uncommon at all.
Doesn't look like this happened. 

The measure taken is harsh but I see the point but also possibly saving 2 months wages at the same time as a get out clause.

Edited by J Wakefield

5 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Some info:

Kit: You have to ride in team kit as long as you being paid by that team regardless of if you moving on the following year. As long as a contract is valid you wear the clothes.

The Bike: Often you can ride the new teams bike if you moving on, however, you need put in a request and get clearance from the current team to do so. Often they do say yes and you return your team bike and ride the new bike (spez in this case) in your teams kit. This is no uncommon at all.
Doesn't look like this happened. 

The measure taken is harsh but I see the point but also possibly saving 2 months wages at the same time as a get out clause.

there's an article on cyclingtips that speaks exactly to what you lay out above so thanks for weighing in and sharing some insider info????

Heck I have to say I've never felt as close to the inner workings of pro cycling as I do since john Wakefield landed the top job with UAE. We didn't even get inside info from Africa's Team before it ....moved on.

Edited by DieselnDust

46 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Looks like some people on their second lap of the 947 going up a few of Jozi's uphills with the fun riders in lumo green.

I did a second lap once... and I promise you, it looked nothing like that. 

#NeverAgain

On 10/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, Eldron said:

The prologue goes right past my shop. Living in Europe has some rather random and fortuitous benefits ????????

So where is your shop? Will you have chair out for visiting saffas? Might pop through from NL to have a look. Still deciding between this stage or the calais/dunkirk stage as that is closer to home and a mere train ride away.

10 minutes ago, GhostSixFour said:

So where is your shop? Will you have chair out for visiting saffas? Might pop through from NL to have a look. Still deciding between this stage or the calais/dunkirk stage as that is closer to home and a mere train ride away.

I was (very very) sadly mistaken.

Initially it looked like the prologue went down the 02 - the yellow road next to the red dot (my shop) but sadly they routed it back through the inner city.

The route is 200m from my shop. You're more than welcome to swing by anyway. Danish Shimano HQ is even closer (between my red dot and the route) and I'm pretty sure they'll have an event and I will definitely get invited.

tdf2022.jpg.4ae7f6e4cf927137c18c5149b83efd2e.jpg

17 hours ago, Eldron said:

I was (very very) sadly mistaken.

Initially it looked like the prologue went down the 02 - the yellow road next to the red dot (my shop) but sadly they routed it back through the inner city.

The route is 200m from my shop. You're more than welcome to swing by anyway. Danish Shimano HQ is even closer (between my red dot and the route) and I'm pretty sure they'll have an event and I will definitely get invited.

tdf2022.jpg.4ae7f6e4cf927137c18c5149b83efd2e.jpg

A lot of turns... how wide are those roads? 

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

A lot of turns... how wide are those roads? 

Most are wide boulevards but the twisty bits near the Little Mermaid center right is pretty narrow and technical.

The road past the Castle (Kastellet) is a bike path I use everyday with strips of cobbles...not sure how that will work...unless they're going to send them on the pedestrian only promenade which is a little higher and smoother. Yeah they'll probably do that. Loads of statues and touristy stuff along that. Perfect for TV!

Edit: Copenhagen is a beautiful city with loads of history - should be quite a picturesque proogue.

Edited by Eldron