Tour de France 2022

'Dale

9 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I would be very surprised if John didn't think of this risk factor on stage 2. It is one thing to know about the plan, it is a totally different thing to get your ducks in a row to cover the risk. 

The team selection conundrum is really interesting with the course this year. WvA is worth his weight in Gold to JV as he can assist Roglic in all the terrains.

balancing the team for a 3 week tour that attractsso much focus is  high pressure job.

Week 2 has so much vert in it so you need a few Formolo's but you also need a couple of "tractors" for the flats. I wouldn't want to be doing team selection

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

A cross wind dropping is what I would consider to be key to beating the Pog. But maybe we must take this underground as we don’t need J.Wakefield taking our tactics and strategy suggestions to the board of engineering another Pog win.😂

He's busy DS-ing in the Dauphine presently...

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I would be very surprised if John didn't think of this risk factor on stage 2. It is one thing to know about the plan, it is a totally different thing to get your ducks in a row to cover the risk. <>

... which means he's thought of this already...

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I would be very surprised if John didn't think of this risk factor on stage 2. It is one thing to know about the plan, it is a totally different thing to get your ducks in a row to cover the risk. 

The team selection conundrum is really interesting with the course this year. WvA is worth his weight in Gold to JV as he can assist Roglic in all the terrains.

100% correct, Just don't forget about Jonas, he is pretty special himself.  I'm sure Wout and the rest of the team will look after them both.

I'm unsure of Roglic's ability on cobbles, so stage 5 (11 sectors of cobbles) is going to be a defining moment for me in terms of time gained/lost. We've all seen what Pogacar is capable of, on the uneven surfaces. I don't recall seeing Roglic nor Vingegaard having "raced" on cobbles in recent memory.

tour-de-france-2022-stage-5-profile-723c532d41.jpg

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I'm unsure of Roglic's ability on cobbles, so stage 5 (11 sectors of cobbles) is going to be a defining moment for me in terms of time gained/lost. We've all seen what Pogacar is capable of, on the uneven surfaces. I don't recall seeing Roglic nor Vingegaard having "raced" on cobbles in recent memory.

He purposely rode GP de Denain this year and went in the break. He seemed to handle the cobbles well enough and played an active part in the racing.

14 minutes ago, Frosty said:

pretty certain that Jumbo will have thought of this too and will have done the requisite testing and preparation accordingly.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:16 AM, Vetplant said:

Recon done 2 weeks ago 

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/racing/primoz-roglic-has-special-and-difficult-day-on-cobbles-as-he-impresses-at-rehearsal-for-tour-de-france

I believe both Roglic and Vingegaard were at this race. 

I see @Jewbaccabeat me to it by a lot!

Edited by Sid the Sloth
Got a bit excited

Thanks all; seems my ProcyclingStats search let me down. ☺️
I skipped that race; didn't even open it to see it has some decent amount of cobbles.

I see now Primoz was 22s off the winner, and Vingegaard was 11 mins down.

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

He purposely rode GP de Denain this year and went in the break. He seemed to handle the cobbles well enough and played an active part in the racing.

3 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

pretty certain that Jumbo will have thought of this too and will have done the requisite testing and preparation accordingly.

1 hour ago, Sid the Sloth said:

10 minutes ago, &#x27;Dale said:

Peter Sagz Baby took his 120th PRO win yesterday at Tour de Suisse, showing dominance in a relatively strong sprint field. Green jersey time, again?

I'd love it but can his race nous and experience match the sheer power and tenacity of WvA and MvdP?

10 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I'd love it but can his race nous and experience match the sheer power and tenacity of WvA and MvdP?

What a potential showdown between the old-ish lion and those two versatile stars. Teamwork will be key.

252C6434-B8BD-4709-8737-28C523866023.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

35 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Magical!

The entire tour looks mouth watering on paper. 

Hopefully it unfolds majestically 

yeah, definitely we want the origami lion rather than the origami donkey.