Anywhere to ride this weekend which isn’t Jurassic Park or a proper mud bath?

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Did Van Gaalen yesterday. Sadly we both punctured due to getting lost and had to hike the river trail back. Everything we rode was plenty dry with only the river being proper siff in places. 

But… wtf is VG’s problem with putting up proper signage on their trails. Jeepers. 

Best way to learn the trails at VG is to ride with somebody who knows the trails. I haven't been there in over a year but I have attached the GPX file of my last ride there hope it helps.1343818349_Screenshot2022-01-24at09_12_09.png.f15cca76202af2e86cfea8ba381dca5c.pngVan_Gaalens.gpx

Edited by _David_

Thank you. 

We tried to do the loop towards Concrete Strips and then follow the railway to Pomphuis Loop and back to the start. 

We ended up next to the fields in what can only be described as devil thorn hell. 

The section of trail we got lost on is called "Next to the fields" and then also "Wave rider"

1 hour ago, _David_ said:

Best way to learn the trails at VG is to ride with somebody who knows the trails. I haven't been there in over a year but I have attached the GPX file of my last ride there hope it helps.1343818349_Screenshot2022-01-24at09_12_09.png.f15cca76202af2e86cfea8ba381dca5c.pngVan_Gaalens.gpx

The first thing I thought when I saw that route, is that they were taking the piss by making an abstract dinosaur picture

Edited by Chadvdw67

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 10:14 AM, Steady Spin said:

Also getting gatvol of hearing my gears grinding themselves to pieces and washing my bike after every single ride. 

Rumor has it that Van Gaalens drains well. Will swing by there on Saturday. 

I assume Hennops will be dry as well.

Well it seems some not bothered by bad weather 🤣

Just now, BaGearA said:

that bike won't ride the same after that , you can rebuild it and get it perfectly working but it won't ride the same 

#mudkillsmountainbikes

Am curious. After a few 100m when you can see its unrideable. Why do some continue? Not a competition, and is the 550 minor service worth it? Is the price of Strava that high? 

2 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Am curious. After a few 100m when you can see its unrideable. Why do some continue? Not a competition, and is the 550 minor service worth it? Is the price of Strava that high? 

no idea 

I did that once , and my bike never rode the same. Worked great after i spent a fortune on a mech but the bike felt different.

now i don't even put my gear on if the clouds like weird