Beware Bikemarket.co.za: Selling Bikes with Plugs as Permanent

me100

1 hour ago, Barry said:

@steve-h i will make it short and sweet.

If you are in the Centurion area bring your bike to me i will re do your tubeless sort you with new valves/ tape and Stan's (Free).

lets get you back on the bike and enjoying your new ride.

let me know where you are and maybe @RobertWhiteheadwould be willing if you are out his side and send me the bill. 

Hang on @Barry , I would not want to get a bad rating for fixing the tire only to find it to be a well known fact in the cycling community that cycling without the use of indicators on the trails is detrimental to the wellbeing of Rhinos :stupid::oops:

Then to the OP: I am sure it has been stated somewhere by someone on this thread as well, but, there is a curve referred to as: Dunning-Kruger Effect Curve, I have attached it to save you the time to go and Google it. 

Your facts are incorrect and you currently reside at the Peak when it comes to being your own mechanic. A lot of folks on this thread currently sits on the Plateu and are trying to guide you through the process for you to also get to the plateu. This is nothing personal and we all start off at the peak on every single topic during our lives. The key in my opinion is to realise where one sits on the curve and to adapt accordingly. I hope this helps and yes, I will gladly help you to replace your tire with one which does not have a plug in it. 

main-qimg-0361de886526539e77911df31c58543b.webp.203e1ea2ca2b641bee14c9a335f83ab0.webp

Edited by RobertWhitehead

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, 117 said:

Anyone else notice the excess old sludge build up on the tyres and rim? 

BM could have at least cleaned that off before putting them back onto the rims. Sies man

Screenshot_20220926_205247.jpg.e0d00b75c23d3d2c750c571d27fa12a5.jpg

Righty-o then, look, a defroster 🔭

Yes I have seen that, but didnt want to comment. That to me indicates it could be that the rim tape has pulled away from the edge, possibly due to a flat or underinflated tyre.

5 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Yes I have seen that, but didnt want to comment. That to me indicates it could be that the rim tape has pulled away from the edge, possibly due to a flat or underinflated tyre.

Probably underinflated and burping on some rough terrain. 

59 minutes ago, Hairy said:

It be that what you are stating is false, and it is not "well known in the community" 

I wonder how long the op has been cycling or even his ability to work on bicycles. As it seems the op did a google search and thats the answer received. 

Op please realise that on this forum there is hundreds of years of experience from weekend warrior, diy mechanics to professionals. All the advice you have received so far is legit!!

18 hours ago, steve-h said:

You seem very interested in this one - perhaps a BM employee or associate?

The court that ultimately decides are the consumers - who choose whether to buy from Bikemarket or not.

nothing you have said makes me decide to not use bike market

zilch nada niks

i have used them in the past and will use them in the future

15 hours ago, steve-h said:

The valve leak looks to have started after the plug issue - after pressure dropped.

sorry just have to quote this one incase it gets edited. I look forward to this being proven.

here is how this is going to play out if Steve H keeps throwing rocks.

tuesday - he goes and finds an internet link (google translated form italian) that proves that low pressure can ruin your valve seal

wed - the hublic tells him it doesn't work like that.  Instead he finds a CPA statement that gives him the customer right of return or repair or sommer something lekker. BM can get stuffed, or send him a new SWorks and then get stuffed.

thursday - someone else finds his instagram account. Turns out he is big into macrame, every post gets a gazillion heart likes from tannies in retirement homes. This has nothing to do with the topic, but is still a rather interesting diversion.

friday - someone finds him on linkedin and it transpires he works for some debt collection agency that harvest the tears of single moms whose babydaddies won't pay maintenance and resell it as the base ingredient for CBD oil. This is not technically illegal, but their customer service is so bad they have a hellopeter rating that makes elton jantjies look like a priest. The hypocrisy is so thick you block a argust headwind with it.

sat - we all go ride bikes. The world is fine again. 

21 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

sorry just have to quote this one incase it gets edited. I look forward to this being proven.

tuesday - he goes and finds an internet link (google translated form italian) that proves that low pressure can ruin your valve seal

wed - the hublic tells him it doesn't work like that.  Instead he finds a CPA statement that gives him the customer right of return or repair or sommer something lekker. BM can get stuffed, or send him a new SWorks and then get stuffed.

thursday - someone else finds his instagram account. Turns out he is big into macrame, every post gets a gazillion heart likes from tannies in retirement homes. This has nothing to do with the topic, but is still a rather interesting diversion.

friday - someone finds him on linkedin and it transpires he works for some debt collection agency that harvest the tears of single moms whose babydaddies won't pay maintenance and resell it as the base ingredient for CBD oil. This is not technically illegal, but their customer service is so bad they have a hellopeter rating that makes elton jantjies look like a priest. The hypocrisy is so thick you block a argust headwind with it.

JAYZUS that went west, even for the Hub.  Too many favorites to mention, but its a toss up between "retirement home tannies macrame" and "single mother tear harvesting".  Love your work

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

Well, I think that's enough internet for today.

Actual image of me trying to get a head start on reading cases before  school starts : r/lawschooladmissions