• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, steve-h said:

Current status...

sealant-leaking-valve-bikemarket-bikes.JPG

Surely you would have seen that the area by the plug was dry and the leak was coming from somewhere else before you started firing blanks at bikemarket?! 

In the nicest way possible, are you trolling, or are you generally as thick-skulled as you seem on here? your responses have just dug you into a deeper hole and your tone was whiney and bound to push people's buttons from the very start.

As for something helpful, you may need to just simple tighten your valve, or the rim tape may need to be redone/new valve.

On a sidenote, the valve cores in my lyne amp wheels got clogged and I wanted them to provide me a whole new wheelset... how dare they design it so badly that the core clogs

1 hour ago, steve-h said:

Current status...

sealant-leaking-valve-bikemarket-bikes.JPG

Actually, that is good news for you. It means that the leak is probably due to that valve not being tightened down properly. Easy fix. 

Sommer take the time to clean it and replace the valve cores (guaranteed to be grotty) on both wheels and top up sealant. 

@steve-h, lets look at some background information here:

1. What did you pay for your purchase vs what would a new bike (with no plugs) cost, inclusive of tubeless conversion

2. Why did you wait 3 months to report your dissatisfaction? Surely this places the seller in a strong position to repudiate your claim (as they did) given that the inferred failure could be as a result of fair wear and tear, user error of abuse of the item. 

On a personal note, I have done more miles with plugs in my tyres than without plugs. Many with multiple plugs in them. I will replace a tire when the general condition of the tyre has deteriorated to the extend that failure is likely, i.e. tread below 30%, multiple plugs or signs of perished sidewalls. 

Just remember that folk here are knowledgable. Next time rather ask if it would be reasonable to request a new tyre opposed to coming out swinging. 

Bought me a new wheel set last year and upon my first ride it shredded the bead. Turns out the edge of the bead where the tyre got shredded was sharp as a razor blade. I took it up with the supplier of said wheelset and got a firm no in response to my request for the tyre to be replaced which was 2 months old at the time.

I just shrugged my shoulders, sanded the offending rim edge down and bought a new tyre. From there I continued with my life.

Yesterday was spent blasting all around Jonkershoek on those wheels, no issues.

Let it go. 

3 minutes ago, steve-h said:

The valve leak looks to have started after the plug issue - after pressure dropped.

Now you’re just trolling. How dare you try and make *** for a dealer in this economic climate with nonsense like this complaint? You should apologise to them. 

2 minutes ago, BigDL said:

Now you’re just trolling. How dare you try and make *** for a dealer in this economic climate with nonsense like this complaint? You should apologise to them. 

agree with this.  In the final analysis, OP should stick to crossfit

12 minutes ago, steve-h said:

The valve leak looks to have started after the plug issue - after pressure dropped.

Pitcha's of the plug leaking or else your view is simply wrong.

Your leak at this point in time is the valve, change my mind with supporting images if you feel like it.

The purpose was to make people aware (beware) of 2 practices:

1. Plugs in tyres seen as permanent by Bikemarket
  2. The not sharing (hiding) information that a tyre has a plug when buying online with Bikemarket

Those are the facts. It is important that the public know about these facts so they can make more informed decisions.

The opinions are: thinking that a plug is permanent or not and whether a refurbished bike should be sold with plugs in. Whether lack of use or flat tyre issues are my fault. Berating and slandering me for saying it is "well known in the community". How to fix the tyre.

Thanks to everyone who has replied - bikehub is quite hectik.

I am on my own now and will sort out this tyre.

4 minutes ago, steve-h said:

The purpose was to make people aware (beware) of 2 practices:

1. Plugs in tyres seen as permanent by Bikemarket
  2. The not sharing (hiding) information that a tyre has a plug when buying online with Bikemarket

Those are the facts. It is important that the public know about these facts so they can make more informed decisions.

The opinions are: thinking that a plug is permanent or not and whether a refurbished bike should be sold with plugs in. Whether lack of use or flat tyre issues are my fault. Berating and slandering me for saying it is "well known in the community". How to fix the tyre.

Thanks to everyone who has replied - bikehub is quite hectik.

I am on my own now and will sort out this tyre.

Go and jump. Why would a second hand bike have to have plugs declared before purchase?