No Black Friday threads this year?

Darko

I remember the big guys like Cycle Lab & Easy Bike etc creating threads for riders wishlists and then making an effort to discount those items. 

I haven't seen any newsletters even this year.

Or maybe I'm just not paying attention?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Eskom is planning on going big for black friday :)

Its not a huge effort for them to go black .... 🤪😂

It's ALL a scam.... Buying stuff you probably don't need because it's on special.

It isn't even part of our local culture. 

We don't celebrate thanksgiving, our stockmarket didn't crash in 1869 and we never had an Army vs Navy Football game! But I'm sure many of our employees will call in sick on Friday! hahaha

I'm all for a bargain on stuff I need, but these days what I need is money to pay the bills and put towards my kid's education, not a new air fryer or TV.

To all those out buying bargains, I salute you!

13 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It's ALL a scam.... Buying stuff you probably don't need because it's on special.

It isn't even part of our local culture. 

We don't celebrate thanksgiving, our stockmarket didn't crash in 1869 and we never had an Army vs Navy Football game! But I'm sure many of our employees will call in sick on Friday! hahaha

I'm all for a bargain on stuff I need, but these days what I need is money to pay the bills and put towards my kid's education, not a new air fryer or TV.

To all those out buying bargains, I salute you!

I've got 1 or 2 things that I want/need that I've been keeping an eye on for a little while. Should they pop up on BF at a price that is better than the normal specials I'll grab them, otherwise I try and give the whole BF thing a skip.

I've already seen that the inverter trolley we bought a month back has had its price increase at one of the large online retailers, I'm watching the price out of interest to see what they do on Friday.

But as has been mentioned, in SA you are hard pressed to find a proper bargain.

We keep getting people here saying they arent buying now they are waiting for our BF specials. Which are going to be no different to our normal specials, but people are expecting 50% savings

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I've got 1 or 2 things that I want/need that I've been keeping an eye on for a little while. Should they pop up on BF at a price that is better than the normal specials I'll grab them, otherwise I try and give the whole BF thing a skip.

I've already seen that the inverter trolley we bought a month back has had its price increase at one of the large online retailers, I'm watching the price out of interest to see what they do on Friday.

But as has been mentioned, in SA you are hard pressed to find a proper bargain.

We keep getting people here saying they arent buying now they are waiting for our BF specials. Which are going to be no different to our normal specials, but people are expecting 50% savings

Yeah, the 50% saving thing just isn't possible these days for most 'current' things here as it costs so much to import anything.

Companies are already selling things which seem expensive with really tight margins. 

Deals.... The best deal you will ever have is realising you don't need ALL the stuff.

But like you say, if something I do actually need pops up cheap as chips I may be tempted. I like the fruit and veg specials! 

1 hour ago, MudLark said:

Dunno. I've had a few good deals.

Absolutely. Basically my entire bike's parts I managed to get for some great prices the year before last.