Gordon Road Blairgowrie "pick pocket"

eddy

Just a heads-up of a new to me criminal approach.

Cycling up Gordon Avenue, Blairgowrie at around 07h15 on Saturday, a grey Toyota Corolla drove up behind us and wouldn't pass for a block or so and then pulled ahead. I turned right into Standard Drive and just after I turned left at Barkston towards the top of Conrad, I felt a tug as the a guy lifted my gilet and grabbed the phone out of my left rear pocket and jumped into the Toyota which sped off down Barkston towards Randburg.

Keep an eye out for a dark grey Corolla with a broken left side mirror driving near you on this very well-used route. Only the driver was visible as it drove beside and behind us with his accomplice obviously hiding down. This was a well practiced routine and had obviously been used before as they knwe exactly where we were heading and also where we would be going slowly and looking out for traffic approaching from the right at the 4-way stop.

I'm sorry hear this. Crime is getting out of hand. This is not cycling related, but a week or two ago I ordered mcdonalds and my brother and I walked to the car. Some dude came smacking my brother's thigh with a alcohol bottle. We thought he was drunk and said he must go away because he bothers the people around there. We drove away and at home we realized he stoled my brother's phone. This all happens in Waverley so watch out guys. 

Edited by Adam2007

15 hours ago, eddy said:

Just a heads-up of a new to me criminal approach.

Cycling up Gordon Avenue, Blairgowrie at around 07h15 on Saturday, a grey Toyota Corolla drove up behind us and wouldn't pass for a block or so and then pulled ahead. I turned right into Standard Drive and just after I turned left at Barkston towards the top of Conrad, I felt a tug as the a guy lifted my gilet and grabbed the phone out of my left rear pocket and jumped into the Toyota which sped off down Barkston towards Randburg.

Keep an eye out for a dark grey Corolla with a broken left side mirror driving near you on this very well-used route. Only the driver was visible as it drove beside and behind us with his accomplice obviously hiding down. This was a well practiced routine and had obviously been used before as they knwe exactly where we were heading and also where we would be going slowly and looking out for traffic approaching from the right at the 4-way stop.

This seems like the new crime trend with cyclists, same sort of thing happened to a rider about two weeks back, then a few days later the same sort of thing happened in another area, the one common denominator was a grey/silver Toyota Corolla. So I think these guys just move around and watch what cyclists are doing and then know exactly which points are the best to attack.

Happened to me on 26/03. Corner Rustenburg rd and Victory Rd.

Same modus operandi.

It is a dark gray Toyota corolla. Slightly bashed up. (Extra dent on passenger door begind driver). They follow at a distance as if lost. Drop a guy off along the route, he then just runs up behind you graps the phone.

Managed to ram him between the door and the car a couple of times while he was getting in, but he had thrown the cell into the car already.

My guess was the pick pocket was no older than 17 and at school the next day. 

6 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

New jersey launch with zipped pockets releasing soon? 

Some brand jersey already has zip pockets. Some Ciovita jackets has.

This *** is getting ridiculous...

Riding home this evening/late afternoon just off Oxford RD in Killarney, peak traffic, I came across a dude who had just been pulled off his bike and phone taken by the same people in the grey Corolla.

I missed the incident by a minute if that 😠

Poor dude - looked quite gnarly with a busted shoulder and what he said felt like broken ribs.

Edited by Panwell

Can anyone who has encountered these guys or if you know someone who has please contact me I need details of dates and places and also as much of a description of perpetrators as possible to feed to CAP.

Thanks

Edited by Dan

22 hours ago, eddy said:

Yes, without a doubt.

Where was this taken ?

9 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

That's Dorset Road, Parkwood

Parkwood, was on our safety estate group. Hope someone catches these vermin.