• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this little guy crossing the road, yes, THAT road, at about the same pace I was climbing, so I helped him get to the other side where he could hide in the green grass so that, hopefully, the chicken guinea fowl won't get him.

2021-11-14 010.jpg

Soon enough I was rewarded with this, two Ceps, totally our of season, in a spot where I cannot believe nobody else picked them.........so mushroom risotto it is for lunch!

2021-11-14 036.jpg

Edited by DJR

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Train heavy, race light 

I’ve got a smaller lighter battery pack that I’ll use for next weeks race. It wasn’t charged this morning so just grabbed the big one. 

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

I’ve got a smaller lighter battery pack that I’ll use for next weeks race. It wasn’t charged this morning so just grabbed the big one. 

Just ride faster ????

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Just ride faster ????

it would not even turn on this morning. Well it turned on, showed the Gamin logo and then turned off. Last week sunday it managed around 4h30m without issues, it did 1 1 hour ride on wednesday, would not turn on on thursday so I put it on charge, it worked Saturday for 1 hour, would not turn on again today.

Going to try charging it using a different cable and charger this week, but I'm not taking any chances for sunday so will charge up the small backup battery pack, I'll spend the time after the race troubleshooting.

I was at Bloemendal today - there were lots of runners(only saw two people running, the rest were walking and enjoying wine, poor planning on my part - should've rather joined that party. Anyway, I did two loops of B-spot --> Lombards Terra --> Lombards Climb --> BloemenNice and I spotted two snake along the BloemenNice section on my second loop. The first one(about a meter long) was crossing the trail so I just missed it's tail i was flying down, and the second one(couldn't tell size, except for small head) was on the side of the trail on the lower section of BloemnNice - in an attack position(I thought it was dead but, noticed it was waiting to strike) so I passed on the far end of the lil bit of trail left, unfortunately no pics as my heart rate was most likely over 200. They both looked like mole snakes (I hope they were at least) 

Bloemendal_14Nov2021.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Charles71 said:

I was at Bloemendal today - there were lots of runners(only saw two people running, the rest were walking and enjoying wine, poor planning on my part - should've rather joined that party. Anyway, I did two loops of B-spot --> Lombards Terra --> Lombards Climb --> BloemenNice and I spotted two snake along the BloemenNice section on my second loop. The first one(about a meter long) was crossing the trail so I just missed it's tail i was flying down, and the second one(couldn't tell size, except for small head) was on the side of the trail on the lower section of BloemnNice - in an attack position(I thought it was dead but, noticed it was waiting to strike) so I passed on the far end of the lil bit of trail left, unfortunately no pics as my heart rate was most likely over 200. They both looked like mole snakes (I hope they were at least) 

Bloemendal_14Nov2021.jpeg

Jip, Vitality run/walk events at Bloemendal.  Mostly they do stay off the MTB trails :thumbup:

Francois only started riding a few months ago.  Took him on the FairCape route and then the Missing Link, both new to him.  He has done Conties before.

A very late start meant the heat caught us before we entered Conties ... that climb gets nasty in the heat, especially if you already have 500+m elevation in the legs ....

What a nice ride :thumbup:

F-2.jpg.1e953652af03e4856c9211fdf3c9c738.jpg

F-4.jpg.22f734f98b294a18b2924b2cc3164f14.jpg

F-5.jpg.e972123eb5f795ab2085dbc558f9f781.jpg

3 hours ago, ouzo said:

it would not even turn on this morning. Well it turned on, showed the Gamin logo and then turned off. Last week sunday it managed around 4h30m without issues, it did 1 1 hour ride on wednesday, would not turn on on thursday so I put it on charge, it worked Saturday for 1 hour, would not turn on again today.

Going to try charging it using a different cable and charger this week, but I'm not taking any chances for sunday so will charge up the small backup battery pack, I'll spend the time after the race troubleshooting.

Time to go retro ????

4E681339-2644-48B2-A907-9EB94DB5A54A.jpeg.a6b32c4b791d3b43d8d67fb969b0ce44.jpeg

5F84FFEA-550F-4A60-9227-4FFBC31B3D31.jpeg